Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xref Not Appearing iun Paper Space

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
LarryS23
1271 Views, 11 Replies

Xref Not Appearing iun Paper Space

For some reason, my xref'd drawing is not appearing in a paper space layout. All the layers are turned on and there is no viewport freeze.

Labels (2)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
ChicagoLooper
in reply to: LarryS23

What's in modelspace besides your Xref? 

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
LarryS23
in reply to: ChicagoLooper

An aerial image. A surface. Feature lines and polylines. Oh a watershed analysis component to the surface as well

Message 4 of 12
user181

What layer is your xref inserted on?  Is that layer frozen in the viewport?

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
LarryS23
in reply to: user181

On layer 0. Everything is unfrozen. 

Message 6 of 12

Explain why you are putting your xref in paperspace and not in modelsapce.

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 7 of 12
Joe-Bouza

Layers may be frozen in the vport but not globally. Poke open the vport ands roll right in the layer dialog to check vpfreeze

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
ChicagoLooper

The  title of your post is ambiguous. You may know what it means but the wording is alittle confusing to readers of the forum. So your XREF isn't 'appearing' in Paperspace, correct? So where is your XREF located? Did you plop it down in modelspace or paperspace?

Is it possible to upload a screenshot of modelspace? If you XREF is in modelspace, draw an arrow pointing to your XREF as it sits in modelspace then include the arrow in your screenshot. Can you also upload a screenshot from your layout tab with the viewport centered over your target area. The goal of your uploaded images is to see an image that shows where the XREF should be and compare it with an image that shows your XREF missing. 

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
LarryS23
in reply to: ChicagoLooper

Well the xref file contains contours that I want to show. See the attached images.

model spacemodel spacepaper spacepaper space

Message 10 of 12
LarryS23
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Got it.

Message 11 of 12
LarryS23
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Whoops my bad. An easy fix. Sometimes I forget to check that if I do not remember freezing the layers myself. 😐

Message 12 of 12
Joe-Bouza

FYI if you didn't already know. Using the snow flake to freeze object in a view port defaults as vpfreeze. this can be confusing because it wont be frozen in MS

Glad you got it

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report