Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WMS Connection

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JOROB26
957 Views, 4 Replies

WMS Connection

I have a drawing that I have a WMS connection with. Is there a way to have it set up like its on a layer so I can be able to freeze in some layout tabs and have it showing in others?

Tags (1)
Labels (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: JOROB26

What program as you using? This forum is not for product support.
Message 3 of 5
JOROB26

This is for civil 3d. I have an aerial that is a WMS connection. It all looks great but I have my layouts for different sheets and need the aerial turned on for some sheets but need it turned off for others. 

Message 4 of 5
pendean

The C3D forum is way over there https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d/ct-p/4003
Message 5 of 5
ChicagoLooper

Yes, you can display the WMS connection in one viewport and ‘hide’ it in another.

Do this:

1. Click on a viewport so the VP’s vertices are visible.
  2. On the ribbon, go to Layout Tools Tab=>Map Viewport Panel=>Display Maps dropdown=>Select Default
  3. Select same viewport and display VP’s vertices again, ‘Default’ will now appear in upper right corner of the viewport. <<Default indicates ALL Map Task Pane layers currently displayed will be considered as the Default condition.>>
  4. With the VP still selected, go to Layout Tools=>Map Viewport Panel=>Layer Visibility dropdown.
  5. This dropdown controls your Feature Data Object (FDO) connections. FDO’s include, but are not limited to, shapefiles, GDBs, SDFs, Rasters, WMS, WFS. Hence the dropdown is consistent with the LAYERS listed on the Map Task Pane.

Image-1Image-1

Image-2Image-2

You may turn ON or OFF any layer by clicking a light bulb in the dropdown. Turning a layer on or off only affects the selected viewport or the VP with its vertices displayed. If you have multiple VPs on a single Layout Tab, the light bulb only affects the selected VP, it doesn’t affect ALL viewports. If you have VPs spread out over multiple layout tabs, the light bulb only affects one viewport, it doesn’t affect OTHER viewports on OTHER layout tabs. Light bulbs in the dropdown only affect Map Task Pane layers, it doesn't affect plain vanilla AutoCad layers in the Layer Properties Manager.

You will need to repeat steps 1 thru 5 for each individual viewport where you want to 'control' FDO layer visibility.

BONUS:

Read this thread related to >>WMS connections<<. Post #3 covers how to resample a raster when using WMS.

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report