Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which layer controls Print Styles for objects with assets in different layers.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
SZAFAS
221 Views, 2 Replies

Which layer controls Print Styles for objects with assets in different layers.

I have two surfaces EG and FG, the default surface layer is C-TOPO and as such both surfaces are in this layer. HOWEVER i have the major and minor contours in C-TOPO-EG-MINR and C-TOPO-EG-MAJR for the EG surface and C-TOPO-FG-MINR and C-TOPO-FG-MAJR for the FG surface.

I am using a STB print style and as such i am trying to print all contours based off the layer the contour is in, the issue i am having is that the contours are printing based off of the layer the surface is in.

I cant simply put the surfaces in different layers because the minor and major would then print the same even if EG and FG would print differently now. I could use a CTB plot style to print based off the color of the contour, but i hate CTB plot styles. 

I could also just export the contours but that's just a ridiculous fix and if i change anything would need to do it again and again and i refuse. lol

How do i set the controlling layer for the contours? 

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: SZAFAS

Edit Drawing Settings and set this option:

tcorey_0-1717692643400.png

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
SZAFAS
in reply to: SZAFAS

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report