Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water drop command not working for Layout

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
santhoulakis
1405 Views, 4 Replies

Water drop command not working for Layout

When trying to add water drop lines on a surface from a Layout, when I try to add a point nothing happens and "Point outside surface" shows on the command line. 

Instead, when I go to the Model Space, I can always add the water drop lines by clicking exactly on the same points for which I get the "Point outside surface" on the Layout. When going back to the layout, the water drop lines are there.

Any ideas what may cause the issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Perhaps I'm not understanding your question or workflow.  As far as I am aware, you cant add a water drop in a layout, it only can be done when it is over a surface within model space.  Are you double clicked into the viewport when trying to do it from the layout, or just clicking a point in the paperspace area?

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 3 of 5

I agree with @chriscowgill7373 some commands in C3D just don't work when your in paperspace with the model active. You must be solely in the model space tab for them to work as expected. One command of the top of my head is processing linework or inserting points from a survey database. 

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
user181
in reply to: santhoulakis

If you are trying to add the water drop through the viewport the viewport UCS needs to be set to world

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
santhoulakis
in reply to: santhoulakis

I am rewording/correcting: water drop is not added when giving the command on the model space through a viewport. 

And as user181 noted, it is because I didn't have the UCS set to Word.

Any idea why this happens?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report