Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume calcs and Cross Sections

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
194 Views, 2 Replies

Volume calcs and Cross Sections

Hi,

I have been supplied topographical survey data in 3D dxf format.

Is it any way possible within the standard CAD packages to produce cross sections from an alignment; long sections along a line and / or volume calculations from this data. Or do I need Civil CAD as a minimum?

Survey processing software will obviously do this task as a matter of course but it seems a little OTT to have to purchase the package with all of it's capabilities, just for this one / two requirements.

Are there any LISP routines that will do it?

Thanks.

R

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Vinayv4v
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Roger,

It would be better to post this question in the customization forum where you could find some help with Lisps.

Cheers,

Vinay Vijayakumaran

Message 3 of 3
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I moved this thread to the AutoCAD Civil 3D forum as I believe that all the tasks you are trying to accomplish appear to be Civil related. There are third-party packages that might do this as well. I suggest that you add an additional post in the customization forum too as @Vinayv4v suggested.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report