Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated Geolocation Maps

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1098 Views, 6 Replies

Updated Geolocation Maps

Is there a way to get updated geolocation maps?

The only ones I can get to show up are about 6 years old, give or take.

I am using Civil 3D 2016.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Pointdump
in reply to: Anonymous

DS,

Nope. What you see is what they got.

If you want more current aerials, thumb a ride on the information super-highway. Lots of local governments fly aerials often to see if anyone has built an un-permitted garage in their backyard. There's also plenty of available satellite photos from USGS:
http://viewer.nationalmap.gov/basic/

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Pointdump

My county website has lots of good aerial info, I was just wondering if the in-cad feature was easier (which it is, imo). But if it's not up to date, why even bother? Most people don't want to show out of date information, I expect.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Does your county website provide a WMS service?
Or maybe have you checked if Google Earth or ArcGIS have imagery that fits to your needs?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I'm afraid I don't know what a WMS service is. Could you elaborate?

As far as google earth, I am able to bring in imagery from other sources. I was just hoping that i wouldn't have to, seeing as the tools are already built in, they're just not up to date.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

WMS stands for Web Map Service. As its name implies, it's just a web service to which you can connect to bring georeferenced images into your drawing.

Several public or private organizations (around the world) provide such online services, so, you may check at your county's website if they provide one or if you're not familiar with that I could take a look for you (if you share the link there).

As for Google Earth, with all that information out there, our practice is to compare imagery from different sources and then we use the best quality we can find for a specific area.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

no no no nope...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report