Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsmooth a feature line?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
884 Views, 4 Replies

Unsmooth a feature line?

I'm new to the C3D thing... I'm drafting a topo and thought I would use feature lines instead of polylines for curbs, walks, etc. to help when generating the surface. I see that I can smooth the feature lines to help give it a more natural appearance. However, is there a way to "unsmooth" the feature line should I need to?

Craig

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't believe so at least not what I could see right off hand.  I thought there was a true/false selection under properties but not.  You could always delete the feature line and restart though anytime.  However, when in doubt if you still have your polylines and you set it to feature line I would keep the polyline by not selecting erase entity. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Okay, thanks. I'll just be sure to make copies before I start smoothing anything.

Craig

Message 4 of 5
dannyJUY9Z

The SMOOTHFEATURE command includes a 'Straighten' option. See solution here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-forum/what-happened-to-feature-lines-quot-straighten-quot-co...

Message 5 of 5
Joe-Bouza

You are giving curbs and sidewalks a more natural appearance? Don't forget plans have to be built in addition to being looked at.. If you are really talking about contours then don't use feature lines. Use polylines splines at elevation and add to the surface as contour data

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report