Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Change Colors of Point Labels and Markers

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
NReynolds6
3341 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to Change Colors of Point Labels and Markers

I'm having trouble changing the colors of the points in my Civil 3D file (Civil 3D 2018).  I'm comfortable using point groups and have changed the point styles for each group to what I want (including marker and color).  The overrides for Style and Point Label Style are checked.  The markers and label style successfully update according to the settings for each point group.  However, I cannot get the color to change for the point groups.  Within the styles, I select the desired color for each group but to no effect.  The only way I can get the colors to change is to change the layer color that all the points belong to (all points are brought into a single layer when imported).  However, that changes to colors for ALL points and doesn't apply any color changes based upon point group styles.

I looked through the Toolspace > Settings > Label Styles and couldn't find anything that appeared to be locked. 

There does appear to be a Description Key but I'm not familiar with how that functions or how it would effect the display of the points.

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: NReynolds6

Did you apply the style overrides with the check?

jmayo-EE_0-1600450033153.png

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Yes bad image. This would be better for your specific query.

In this image only the label style override is applied. The style override is not checked and not applied.

jmayo-EE_0-1600450157470.png

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Jeff_M

Using the Ex-Survey Control Group as an example, it specifies to use the Benchmark pointstyle with the color changed to Yellow. Your Benchmark block entities are all assigned to the SURV-POINTS layer and the color is ByLayer. In order for the block to take on the properties set in the style, place all of the block's entities on layer 0 and change the color for them to ByBlock. Then it displays as expected.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 5
JRitner

It looks to me like the styles in all the Point Group Properties that I checked are pointing to layer SURV-POINT. If you set these to the layers/colors you intend for your groups and keep your overrides checked I think you'll be good to go.

C3D_PtGrpStyl.png

Joel Ritner
C3D Certified Professional
BIM/Systems Manager
Najarian Associates, NJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report