Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two offset profiles using only one offset alignment

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
EliANewlines
123 Views, 3 Replies

Two offset profiles using only one offset alignment

I have a centerline alignment with two design profiles. One design profile goes from station 0+00 to station 5+31, and the other goes from station 5+31 to station 9+85 (the end of the alignment). The two profiles match elevations at station 5+31. Due to the particulars of my workflow and the project, I can't merge the two profiles into one.

My question is: can I make one offset alignment that contains offset profiles for both of my centerline design profiles? Or do I need to make two separate offset alignments, one for each offset profile? As far as I can tell, the only option to create an offset profile is when you create an offset alignment, and the dialog only allows you to select one profile.

It's not the biggest deal if I have to create two offset alignments, it's just not as clean, and I don't like the idea of having duplicate offset alignments directly overlaid over each other.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
user181
in reply to: EliANewlines

When you create the offset alignment in the dialog box you have the option of specifying the station range. So you can make two that don't lay on top of each other.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
EliANewlines
in reply to: user181

That works, thanks.

Though I would still prefer to have one offset alignment for both profiles (it's way easier for corridor targeting), is there a way to do that?

Message 4 of 4
user181
in reply to: EliANewlines

There is no way that I am aware of to do that. You would need to just stop the corridor region at the end of the first and then have another region start after it with different targets. I think you would need to have two regions anyway if you have two design profiles on one alignment unless I'm not thinking correctly right now.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report