Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twinmotion and Civil 3D

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
neilyj666
2409 Views, 26 Replies

Twinmotion and Civil 3D

Whilst Twinmotion seems to be included with Revit, is there a similar workflow for Civil 3D/Infraworks?

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2025 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Labels (1)
26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: neilyj666

It's simply just too damn confusing by how it's been branded. No other place I have found mentions anything besides Maya and Revit as use with Twinmotion.

Todd Rogers
Message 22 of 27
neilyj666
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Revit is the big seller that all the fancy marketing graphics show; Civil 3D is the forgotten child that is unlikely ever to catch up with Revit in terms of functionality. 

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 23 of 27
ToddRogers-WPM

I luckily got in on the free for life when Epic Games purchased it from Abvent. I created 3 accounts to ensure I would have it forever for free...lol.

Todd Rogers
Message 24 of 27
Cadguru42
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

@ToddRogers-WPM wrote:

It's simply just too **** confusing by how it's been branded. No other place I have found mentions anything besides Maya and Revit as use with Twinmotion.

Autodesk's marketing team(s) that determine software names needs to be fired and replaced. What's the current name for Autodesk's cloud system? A360 (Autodesk 360), BIM360, ACC (Autodesk Construction Cloud), BIM Collaborate for BIM 360, BIM Collaborate for ACC, BIM Collaborate Pro for Autodesk Construction Cloud (BCPACC) etc.? Who knows anymore.

Probably some Autodesk marketing person:
Hey, let's team up with Epic and make a deal to allow Twinmotion to be used for Revit and AEC Collection users!
Great idea! Let's name it "Twinmotion for Revit" so that people don't realize it's available for AEC users as well. And let's not market it anywhere that users of the AEC Collection that dont' use Revit might see it. How about we let some random person that uses the forums make a post asking questions how it works. That'll spread the news and remove any confusion!
😁

C3D 2022-2025
Windows 11
32GB RAM
Message 25 of 27
neilyj666
in reply to: Cadguru42

@Cadguru42 For the Brits PMSL or for everyone else ROFL

EESignature

Message 26 of 27
VincentSheehan

I go from Civil 3D to Infraworks, maybe use 3DS Max (depends on what I'm doing) then to Twinmotion.

Here is a 360 degree animation from Twinmotion. I used the above workflow.

Vincent Sheehan

Sr. Civil Designer
Poly In 3D Blog

Message 27 of 27
neilyj666

I find the interface for 3ds Max extremely confusing and I haven't used it extensively for that reason. Hopefully by using Twinmotion I can remove the steep learning curve required for 3ds max which will allow me to produce decent animations from my Infraworks exports.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report