Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trimble Link in Civil 3D 2021 will not export profile with alignment unless it contains a vertical curve

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nkroeker
513 Views, 2 Replies

Trimble Link in Civil 3D 2021 will not export profile with alignment unless it contains a vertical curve

I have been prepping some simple utilities layout alignments where the profile is only defined by the elevation at the beginning and end of the alignment.  I create the alignment, define the profile by file where the text file contains the start station and elevation and end station and elevation, and then check that it matches the plan by generating the profile view.  So at this point I can see my alignment has a profile in its definition, and that the profile is correct to the design as anticipated.  When I go to the Trimble Link ribbon and select Export Alignment, and select my alignment from the list, the Export Profile option does not ungrey itself, and if I proceed with the export the .rxl file only contains the horizontal alignment information.  If I edit my profile txt file to include a deflection point and curve, even if it is small enough to be essentially still a straight line profile, and redo the profile, then the Export Profile option becomes available in the Trimble Link export window.  Is there a setting somewhere that I need to check to be able to export an alignment with a simple straight sloped profile?

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LS67
in reply to: nkroeker

Check the "Export profile" check box at the lower left position of the "Export alignment" window and it will work fine.

Trimble Link does export alignments based on feature lines, Leica xchange does not.

Trimble link does not export profiles based other than Layout. So profiles created eg from surfaces are not exported, you have to convert them to Layout. A workaround is already posted...

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-forum/any-way-to-change-profile-type/td-p/4330341

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-forum/create-proposed-profile-from-surface-profile/m-p/29571...

Two VPIs, only, layout profiles are exported. I tested it myself right now.

Message 3 of 3
LS67
in reply to: nkroeker

Trimble link fails to export alignment or corridor when the alignment contains a "Free Compound Spiral-Spiral (Between two tangents)" or multiple complex combinations of spirals. Not only it fails but also the Civil 3D crashes.

At cases like these you have to export the alignment and profile as LandXML and convert it to RXL from within Trimble Access either at desktop or at the controller.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report