Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topo Question

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
275 Views, 4 Replies

Topo Question

Goodmorning from the UK!

Working on a project at uni and didn't have access to a 3d version of the topographical data, i've done a bit of research and discovered that its possible to create contour lines from point data in civil 3d? (Hope I'm correct lol)

Anyway, i was wondering if there was any Civils out there with a few spare minutes of there time to have a crack at turning this data in to contour lines for me? Wanted to export the data to sketchup to look at some massings.

I've taken the time to edit the z value to its correct position for each spot height.

Cheers,

Reece!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
chriscowgill7373
in reply to: Anonymous

what is your units? thats a lot of contour lines.  what kind of interval are you looking for?  with 1's and 5's it is a very dense surface (you've got a lot of grade change)

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 3 of 5

wow, that ballooned in a hurry, didnt expect the surface to make it a 60 mb file.

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 4 of 5
M_c3d
in reply to: Anonymous

Attached is the contour plan of the topo. I've assumed it was in UK units (metres). Contour intervals 0.1m and 0.5m

Message 5 of 5
M_c3d
in reply to: chriscowgill7373

It looks like the source info was a bit messed up, the survey point setting out was in millimeters and the Z values in metres, hence why such a huge dense file

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report