Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolspace does not appear... Civil 3D 2017

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Postmaster_G
835 Views, 1 Reply

Toolspace does not appear... Civil 3D 2017

Hello everyone!

So it seems that I have really screwed the pooch at this point...

I installed 2017.

I tried to import/migrate my 2016 cuix into 2017 and it pretty much broke everything.

Now I have deleted my "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2017" folder and "reinstalled" 2017 through the program manager which recreated this folder.

At some point here, the toolspace palette will no longer appear. I can click the button and it says that it loads a bunch of stuff... nothing actually appears on screen.

I can't imagine it is appearing off screen as I have never used it to be able to move it.

I need halp!!!

Anyone have any ideas?

---- additionally, there is something else going on weird. When I open "imperial" the toolspace does not show up, but I have the workspaces for Civil 3D etc... when I open "metric" I can see the toolspace, but all of the workspaces are missing except for 3D Modeling, 3D Basics, and Drafting & Annotation!?!?!?

-Meow
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rkmcswain
in reply to: Postmaster_G

Postmaster_G wrote:

So it seems that I have really screwed the pooch ...

I tried to import/migrate my 2016 cuix into 2017 and it pretty much broke everything.

Yes, that usually does it.

I can't speak for the 2017 migration specifically, but earlier versions usually did nothing but break things. It's better to simply keep your customizations separate from the application and then reference them when needed. Nothing to "migrate", nothing to "break".

At this point, I would reset the profile to get your toolpalette back. You can mess around in the CUI box to force the XY location of the palette, but since this is a new install, resetting the profile would be just as fast and will do the trick.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report