Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block choices in Paper Space

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
312 Views, 3 Replies

Title Block choices in Paper Space

I am trying to find out / figure out how to take my title block in paper space and make it annotative. I think that is the correct wording. 

I want to start a new drawing, select a template and when the drawing is open and I see the title block, to be able to click on it and have a drop down list of other city/county title blocks to choose from. 

I am frustrated searching thru Acad's help and tutorials. I cannot find what I am looking for. 

Any advice/help out there? 

AutoCad Civil 3D and Carlson with embedded AutoCad. 

Thanks for any help leading in the right direction.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
user181
in reply to: Anonymous

It sounds like you want to create a dynamic block with multiple visibility states.  You should be able to find tutorials and videos on how to create them. Here is a video of a simple block with different visibility states.  You would do similar but with title blocks instead of shapes.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Joe-Bouza

I concur with @user181 

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
ChicagoLooper

I used these types of titleblock where you can manipulate it so it sizes down or up based on predetermined dimensions. They are downright clunky. Although they seem like a great concept, titleblocks like this require more manipulation, clunky manipulation, after you have made them larger or smaller. This is due to the sheet size in paperspace, your layout tab. When you modify the titleblock, the sheet size is no longer consistent with your new  titleblock size and that affects your plot output. To make the plot job correct, you have to change your sheet dimensions after resizing the titleblock.

Example: you resize the titleblock from ANSI-B to ANSI-D. If you don't increase your sheet size to be wider and taller, then your plot job will get cut off and you'll only get a fraction of your drawing on your final print.

You are better off creating multiple layout tabs in a single drawing template, where each layout tab of the template has a different sheet size as well as an appropriately sized titleblock. When you open the template simply use your desired tab. If you wish, you may even delete the tabs you don't want.

Chicagolooper

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report