Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIN Surface and Feature Lines Not Showing on Plot

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
780 Views, 2 Replies

TIN Surface and Feature Lines Not Showing on Plot

Hello All,

I am new to AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016 and I have been struggling to plot my drawing. When I plot, I am not getting either of the feature lines or the TIN Surface to show. I have tried researching on the forum and seems like others have had this problem but their solutions did not work for me. I.e. I have checked to ensure the layers are on and unlocked, level of detail, audit, line weights and adjusted contour intervals, all with no success. Any other suggestions? I have attached the model file for reference. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tony1978
in reply to: Anonymous

Most smart objects such as featurelines, corridors, surfaces, parcels, alignments, pipe networks and so on are controlled by the styles. That being said, those objects can also have parent and child layers depending on how yall setup your templates. For example if you go to your Toolspace/Settings tab and then right click on your drawing file name and select " Editing Drawing Settings" the Drawing Setting dialog box will appear. In the Object Layers tab are the parent layers that control many features So if you create surfaces or featureline that parent layer is used. So your surfaces and featureslines could possibly be on these parent layers. Then go to layer manager and see if these layers are set to plot.

Tony Carcamo

President/Owner

Civil CAD Learning Solutions

DFW BIM Infrastructure User Group

LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | DFWBIUG |User Group

Message 3 of 3
tony1978
in reply to: Anonymous

If you still have issues, just email me your drawing and I can take a look at it for you.

Tony Carcamo

President/Owner

Civil CAD Learning Solutions

DFW BIM Infrastructure User Group

LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | DFWBIUG |User Group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report