Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiff file to Land xml

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
priyanka_joshi7357G
272 Views, 2 Replies

Tiff file to Land xml

I need a suggestion; I want to convert my surface .tiff file into .xml. I have received a surface file in .tiff format. I have created a surface using it and then exported it to LandXML but it doesnt work. Civil 3D gets crashed or it will create empty xml file after a long time. Please help!!

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Priyanka,
Let's see what you've got. Please post both your data and drawing. Zip together--Forum can accept up to 71MB.
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 3

In a drawing containing only a GridSurface (which is what a TIF ideally becomes), Civil3D's LANDXMLOUT command reports "No LandXML compatible objects found", which isn't quite true as the LandXML spec supports grid surfaces.  Along those lines, anyone who has a LandXML file with surfType="GRID" please share it.

It's quite possible that your TIF Grid has been 'Triangulated', you should be able to see that if you set your surface style to include triangles (you'll see squares made up of two diagonal triangles).  If that's the case and the TIF file was large and dense, the surface could be massive and bringing operations to a crawl or possibly aborting if not crashing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report