Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Orientation in Linetypes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bforneaDWALB
273 Views, 5 Replies

Text Orientation in Linetypes

Does anyone know how to orient the text in a linetype perpendicular to the radial line of the arc when the radius is minimal? Below is a snip of the .lin file and the linetype. Notice the (QLB) strays from the arc. The text is justified middle center and I have tried both u= and r=. I don't need the text itself to arc (as in arc text) or anything, I just need it to be oriented perpendicular to the radial line, or at least close (look better). 

bforneaDWALB_6-1678902101257.png

bforneaDWALB_3-1678901866215.png

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MMcCall402
in reply to: bforneaDWALB

Try this.  It has a larger negative movement before the text and then places the text at a x= position.  Somewhat simulates the text being center justified in its placement.  ...note, its not perfect.

*CABLE TV QB,Buried Cable TV ----BTV----(QLB)----
A,.20,-.07,["BTV",Simplex,y=-.03,x=-.05,s=.06,u=0],-.12,.20,-.12,["(QLB)",Simplex,y=-.03,x=-.1,s=.06,u=0],-.15,.25

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 3 of 6
bforneaDWALB
in reply to: MMcCall402

Thanks so much for the response. That works for the small radius. Unfortunately, that also creates other issues when the radius is larger. I thought maybe there was something I was missing in the string of data. I'll keep tinkering with it. I have one that is close. Again, thanks! 

Message 4 of 6
jmayo-EE
in reply to: bforneaDWALB

Place each character in the linetype as it's own entry. It becomes a very long definition but should do what you want.

One entry for B, another for T, one for V, then your dash then the (, Q, L, B, ).

IME it's best to set a company standard to keep linetypes to less than a few characters.

John

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
MMcCall402
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I was going to suggest the individual text character approach until I saw the "u" value for the rotation.  I thought it might create a situation where some of the letters flipped but some didn't.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 6 of 6
bforneaDWALB
in reply to: MMcCall402

Yesterday I revisited individual characters and found what was wrong. They look great now! Then I saw these two comments and you both are correct. It's r=0 with individual characters. Thanks guys for all your help! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report