Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text invisible, lines extend to infinite in layout

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
pics.munmun
679 Views, 8 Replies

text invisible, lines extend to infinite in layout

i want to add title block in layout and add profiles(from two surfaces) to it.

Please see attached image how my layout in coming.

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

It looks like the scale in your view port does not match you model space view scale - that is why they appear differently.

You will find the labels and profile bands scale in size to the viewport/view scale so that they appear at the size set in their styles.

It would be easier if you were able to attach a dwg with the issue.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2023
Message 3 of 9

@andrewpuller3811 

Thank you for the reply.

Message 4 of 9

Your band styles are all seem to be set to huge numbers - 

For example your Cut band style has the band height as 3500mm which means the band will plot at 3500mm high, and the text in the bands is set to be 500mm high.

These settings look alright in your model space because the annotation scale is 1:1.

I don't know whether this drawing has been through some sort of unit switching or if this is the way your styles have been set up. Either way, you can either bring styles in from another drawing (or the metric template) to fix it or go through the band styles and label styles and edit each item and change them to plottable figures.

I did a quick modification of your drawing scale all the large numbers down by about 1000.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Civil 3d 2023
Message 5 of 9

@andrewpuller3811  thanks for the solution

I tried according to your suggestion. I reduce the text size and made scale to 1:1000 as well. In model space everything is good

picsmunmun_0-1629876468307.png

Unlike your file, i cannot change the standard scale.

i referred this as well https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-forum/viewport-in-layout-won-t-change-scale/td-p/4377...

picsmunmun_1-1629876608004.png

Message 6 of 9

@andrewpuller3811 in the file you send me(Autodesk forum-mod.dwg). In the layout1. There is same issue which i am facing in  my current drawing. 

may i know what changes or settings you did in layout 2 the the file Autodesk forum-mod.dwg

Message 7 of 9

I did not do anything special on layout 2, just changed the viewport size from 0.434mm high x 0.546mm wide to 540mm high x 800mm wide, then set the viewport scale to 1:500.

I did run an audit on your drawing and there were 526 errors found.

To fix the issue with Layout 1 in your drawing, I deleted the the layout, made a new one and created a new viewport.

I have encountered this issue before, but don't recall what the solution was.

I did figure a method to fix the viewport in layout 1.

1. go to Layout 2
  2. double click into the viewport
  3. create a named view -
    1. click on the view tab of the ribbon
    2. click the New View button on the Views panel
    3. type in a name and click ok
  4. go to Layout 1
  5. double click into the viewport
  6. set the named view current you just saved
    1. click the views pull down on the Views panel of the view tab of the ribbon
    2. select the named view you just saved

This should set the viewport scale to something other than "Fit to Scale" which it is stuck on for some reason.

You should then be able to set the scale to anything you want.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Civil 3d 2023
Message 8 of 9

@andrewpuller3811 Thank you so much

This will save the the problem in current drawing only. 

In the file I am working on, it did not solve the issue.

Thank you.

Message 9 of 9

Which issue did it not solve - not being able to set the viewport scale or the profile view style and band style issue?

If it is not being able to set the viewport scale, delete the layout with the issue and make a new one. If you have title block etc. on the layout you need to delete, copy and paste them to a new layout before deleting the old one., making sure not to copy the viewport.

If you are referring to the profile view style, profile view band styles and profile label styles, you can go through each of the styles in use and copy the settings I set in the various styles. Alternately you can import the styles I changed into your working drawing.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Civil 3d 2023

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report