Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text disappears from block inside leader when copying from one drawing to another

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
sericksonZQUWJ
324 Views, 5 Replies

Text disappears from block inside leader when copying from one drawing to another

I have a leader that uses a block with an attribute instead of text, and I'm trying to copy it from an existing drawing into a new one. When I do, the text inside the block disappears, but when I go to edit attributes it's still there. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Existing and new files attached.

Also wondering, is there an easier way to put a circle around the text in a leader? Or a better way to create this type of label? It seems like something that should be a VERY basic function, but at this point I won't be surprised if I have to get elbow deep into the product's source code to do it.

sericksonZQUWJ_0-1698878492113.png

sericksonZQUWJ_1-1698878536334.pngsericksonZQUWJ_2-1698878568056.png

sericksonZQUWJ_3-1698878663020.png

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I copied the leader to a new drawing and the attribute came in fine.  I would try renaming the block.  I try not to use those default block names if possible, cause it can cause issues if the same block name is in another drawing.  

I can replicate your issue in your second drawing, so I'm guessing its a block name issue.

Check out my Civil 3d blog at: http://c3dk.com/
Favorite Posts: Use Dynamo For Surface Analysis: https://youtu.be/eJNdX6guMP8
Fast Track your site grading with the new Corridor Workflow: https://youtu.be/Gg7u9-LgIL0
Message 3 of 6
MMcCall402
in reply to: sericksonZQUWJ

Turn ON layer C-ANNOTATION_TEXT in the drawing you're pasting into.  Or, edit the block to put that attribute on another layer that is already ON.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 4 of 6
sericksonZQUWJ
in reply to: MMcCall402

sericksonZQUWJ_0-1698935170173.jpeg

Thank you! Might've been easier for me to spot if my company had ANY semblance of drafting standards. People here just create layers and blocks willy-nilly and name them whatever they want.

Follow-up question, how did you figure out what layer the text was on? I couldn't find the block under "current drawing blocks" or figure out how to edit it.

Message 5 of 6
MMcCall402
in reply to: sericksonZQUWJ

After copying the multileader into the other file I repositioned it and notice the value showed up while I was moving it.  From there I thought it may be a layer issue so I turned them all ON and the value showed up.  Ah hah!   Exploded the multileader to get to the block, opened it in the block editor and selected the attribute to see what layer it was on. Then a few Undo's to get back to the beginning, turn on that one layer and tada!

A shorter route to the block would have been to just open the block editor, BE, and choose the block from the list.  (the system blocks that start with an underscore show up on that list)

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 6 of 6
sericksonZQUWJ
in reply to: MMcCall402

Ah, I didn't know that about finding system blocks through the block editor. Didn't know you could explode multileaders either. Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report