Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text and Profiles are showing up too large in Layouts

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jpache39
245 Views, 3 Replies

Text and Profiles are showing up too large in Layouts

my file is showing the annotations for the alignment are way too big since I modified the text height in the model space. My layout will show the text way too big. Also, the alignment profile is coming out too large and is not visible.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeew-m
in reply to: jpache39

You have to use plan production tools in Civil 3D to get things smoothly fit into the layout sheets.

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 4
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: jpache39

Civil 3d annotation text gets scaled to the height set in the text style based on the view scale that is current.

It the text height in the style is set to 2, the text will be scaled to be 2 units high if it is plotted based on the scale is active. This allows the one piece of text to appear and be plotted at the same height through two different viewports at different scale. 

When you modify the text height in the style, work on the principle that the value you set is the height the text will appear when plotted.

If you want to see how the Civil 3d annotation text is going to appear in a viewport, set the same scale in model space.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 11
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2023
Message 4 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: Jeew-m

@Jeew-m wrote:

You have to use plan production tools in Civil 3D to get things smoothly fit into the layout sheets.

Uh, "have to"?  No, you don't.

I've done hundreds, maybe thousands of plan/profiles and never once used the plan production tools.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report