Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Node Symbols Won't Print XREF

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
abbym96J43
302 Views, 3 Replies

Survey Node Symbols Won't Print XREF

I've xref'd in a topographic survey, and I can't get the node symbols to print. They're visible in the workspace but disappear when plotting. 

They're not on a no-plot layer, the color isn't incorrectly set, and annotative styles are turned on. It prints correctly from the source file but not as a xref. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Thought I'd add these symbols are set as part of the cogo point style setting.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TShoe
in reply to: abbym96J43

Having a similar plotting issue when plotting in C3D 2024.

In C3D 2024, the cogo point tables won't plot. Everything is correct in model space and in the viewports.

When looking at the print preview, both tables just show a block in the upper left hand corner, like this:

Screenshot.jpg

The plot is being plotted to PDF using the out of the box "DWG To PDF.pc3" plotter.

When plotting the exact same file in C3D 2023, there are no issues. Plots correctly.

Any thoughts?

Message 3 of 4
Pointdump
in reply to: abbym96J43

Hi Abby,
Can you post your drawings?
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 4 of 4
abbym96J43
in reply to: Pointdump

Hi @Pointdump,

I found out the file was having plotting problems because my design file was created in 2008 using Eaglepoint while the new topo was created in Civil3D. (We're reviving a recession-era abandoned subdivision.)

When I started a new C3D design file and transferred over the old design data, I was able to xref the topo in without plotting issues. 

I think the old base CAD wasn't recognizing the cogo symbols. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report