Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Import Linework Crashes when first start up Civil 3D

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ThomasGlidewell
321 Views, 5 Replies

Survey Import Linework Crashes when first start up Civil 3D

I have a user that when he comes in, in the morning and fires up Civil 3D then does an import event and process the linework it always crashes.. It only happens when he just starts the day. After that seems to be ok. I reproduced this and not sure why this would be happening. 

This has happened on several versions of Civil 3D.

All updates and such are applied.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Thomas Glidewell

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Are you starting a new survey database before the import? After restart, is the import event there and do you just reimport from the import event or do you have to start from scratch?

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 6

Whenever I start having issues like your describing, first thing I go about going is a uninstall and re-install of all MS  SQL products. These have been known to become corrupt from time to time.

sql.png

HTH

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6

Thank you, thank you! The fieldwork has been coming in slowly. We work over the network. I thought what the hey and searched through Add/Remove programs and found my sql.... microsoft sql server compact 4.0 sp1 x64 enu. I downloaded it and re-installed/repaired it. And now the fieldwork processing in a flash! 

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 6

@jefflambert9091 

Something else that will really slow imports down, is have the Figure Database, Codeset etc... Located on a server, I always have these files on my local drive, in a standards folder, and path the Survey Database Defaults accordingly.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6

We do the same. We have a place on the server for all our standards. When anything gets updated, they get pushed out to everyone's local drive when they login. 

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report