Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SURFACE LABEL (volume surface) STYLE HELP

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DACHESTNUT
306 Views, 3 Replies

SURFACE LABEL (volume surface) STYLE HELP

I am needing to place a label on a surface that has the elevation of the base elevation at a location, the comparison elevation at a location, and the differnece in elevation between the two.

I am tryng to find a way to do this without having to manually put in the numbers (introducing human error).

Thanks.  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tony1978
in reply to: DACHESTNUT

I'm sure there are several ways to do this. One is created a typical spot elevation label. Create a Reference Text component within the Label Style Composer. Then created a Third component that also references a surface (for your volume surface elevation). You will need a volume elevation surface style that display either the border or elevation within the Surface Style-Display tab. Once you have all this set you are ready to add your label. Make sure that your existing surface, proposed surface, and elevation volume surface are displayed. Then all you have to do is select the surfaces in sequence. Once you are doing with the labeling you can turn off the volume surface display. 

Tony Carcamo

President/Owner

Civil CAD Learning Solutions

DFW BIM Infrastructure User Group

LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | DFWBIUG |User Group

Message 3 of 4
tony1978
in reply to: DACHESTNUT

Or you can use the new Earthwork Plan production feature in the new Civil 3D Productivity Pack 1 for 2016. Great simple tool. Once you install the productivity pack the feature is looked in the Toolbox 

2015-08-12_17-19-48.png

Tony Carcamo

President/Owner

Civil CAD Learning Solutions

DFW BIM Infrastructure User Group

LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | DFWBIUG |User Group

Message 4 of 4
DACHESTNUT
in reply to: tony1978

Thanks man,

That helped a lot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report