Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Blowout

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
AllenJessup
314 Views, 2 Replies

Surface Blowout

This is more of a report than a request for help. I've already reverted to a backup drawing. I was starting to work on a grading plan when I noticed something wrong with the existing surface. At first it just looked like some wild contours. But after some investigation I found that some of the Surface was missing. This occurred along part of a boundary where I had pasted a Surface developed from a grid of points exported from a scan into a Surface created from a GeoTiff converted from an IMG file developed from a very large Lidar project. These were pasted a couple of years ago and I never had a problem with the Surface until yesterday.

The first image shows how the area should look like. The second shows the damaged Surface and the third shows the damage in 3D

exg.PNGexb.PNGex3.pngAs I mentioned. I was able to use a recent backup that showed no damage. That drawing did fail and had to be recovered. Some of the Surfaces were duplicates after the recover but I could erase duplicate Surfaces and rename the others to recreate the Existing Surface. This seemed very strange. Which is why I'm posting it.

BTW. I've attached an image of the proposed Surface if it interests anyone.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

Does the pasted surface source drawing still look ok?

Message 3 of 3
AllenJessup
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes. It still looks fine.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report