Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly Composer Help

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
409 Views, 3 Replies

Subassembly Composer Help

Hello everyone,

I'm pretty new to subassembly composer and i've been trying to figure out how to build things as I go and ran into a problem I can't seem to figure out.

I'm trying to create a shoulder subassembly that will have multiple material depths but i'm having a problem with the first subgrade level following the same depth as L1 and having it extend further out to meet the AL1 link. If the subassembly is somewhat static in that it follows a set grade then its no problem. Its when I want to have it target an elevation that I can't seem to make it function with the subgrade link following the L1 link and extending to the Al1.

Hopefully this makes sense for what I'm trying to accomplish. If not I can try to elaborate. I've attached the pkt file as it currently sits.

Capture.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
M_Obradovic
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

You can Use Intersection point with link and point slope and extend link till AL1 link.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: M_Obradovic

But how do you get it to follow the variable slope given to it by the TarElevation target parameter? If it simply follows my shouldercrossfall variable then it is easy.

Message 4 of 4
M_Obradovic
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

If you check Pkt file from previous post you will see that I put P4 point as intersection point. Point P2 is controled with 2 target parameters( taroffset and TarElevation) and point P4 Also is controled as L1.Slope. this mean that Point P4 always follow point P2 and extend till Link Al1.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report