Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly Composer Help

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
737 Views, 2 Replies

Subassembly Composer Help

I've defined a lane that is proposed for rehabilitation for an existing road (so when the designed road exceeds the existing road we have to take into account putting a few more layers for the designed road and assure an overlap of 25 cm between the existing and the designed road). The lane also has a banding framing. The subbasambly works very well in my preview geometrics, superelavetd and all, but when i imported in civil it does this:

Some layers for the supplement part take various new values instead of the input ones with no explanation. Targets were set for the widded designed road with offset alignaments and existing road for overlaping.

THIS PROBLEM OCCURS ONLY FOR MY SUPERELEVATED PART (specially on the outside of the curve) with some problems (a few mm for the same layer) on the inside of the curve.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mike.M.Carlson
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello-

In these instances in the outer superelevated curve sections, are you seeing these layer depth discrepancies at an actual corridor frequency?  Just curious if you're seeing this in between corridor frequencies, which would mean you're seeing these issues in "interpolated" corridor modeling zones.  You may just have to increase your frequency. 

Another option is to do away with the Apply AOR option all together.  I have found glitches with AOR once it is imported in to Civil 3D even though it works in the SAC testing environment.  Please see the solution in this thread:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-forum/lane-subassembly-with-super-elevation/m-p/7667...

I hope this helps.  

Michael M. Carlson
Senior Civil Designer
CADD Manager
AutoCAD Civil 3D Professional
AutoCAD Professional

Message 3 of 3
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: Anonymous

Your issue is definitely due to the ApplyAOR checkbox. With your current combination of checkboxes it is not continuing to carry the superelevation into the calculation of where to define those depths so it is calculating the depths off of where the point it is connected from would be with no superelevation instead of where it really is with the superelevation. 

I personally never use the ApplyAOR checkboxes (maybe my thoughts will change someday but for now I don't) and instead would place a Define Variable at the start of your flowchart with the following with a name that is "CalculatedSlope" (or something to that effect):

if(SupportAOR=Supported,if((UseSuperelevation=LeftInsideLane)AND((Side=Left)AND(SE.HasLeftLI)), SE.LeftLI,
if((UseSuperelevation=LeftOutsideLane)AND((Side=Left)AND(SE.HasLeftLO)), SE.LeftLO,
if((UseSuperelevation=LeftInsideShoulder)AND((Side=Left)AND(SE.HasLeftSI)), SE.LeftSI,
if((UseSuperelevation=LeftOutsideShoulder)AND((Side=Left)AND(SE.HasLeftSO)), SE.LeftSO,
if((UseSuperelevation=RightInsideLane)AND((Side=Right)AND(SE.HasRightLI)), SE.RightLI,
if((UseSuperelevation=RightOutsideLane)AND((Side=Right)AND(SE.HasRightLO)), SE.RightLO,
if((UseSuperelevation=RightInsideShoulder)AND((Side=Right)AND(SE.HasRightSI)), SE.RightSI,
if((UseSuperelevation=RightOutsideShoulder)AND((Side=Right)AND(SE.HasRightSO)), SE.RightSO,
CType(-math.abs(pantadrum),Double))))))))),CType(-math.abs(pantadrum),Double))

Then uncheck ALL of your ApplyAOR checkboxes. And everywhere that you reference pantadrum for your slope instead use the variable name that you defined above (with no negative sign as the variable already takes that into account). You could also just use L1.slope for the slope after you define it in the first link. 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report