Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Style won't update

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
1382 Views, 15 Replies

Style won't update

I'm trying to update a profile band style (station, elevation text) by dragging the style using toolspace... I've also try import..

On the surface it appears to drag drop ok, but when I check the settings such as text height, offset, etc... it's not correct.

I've even deleted the old version first so the new dragged style doesn't have to overwrite.. AND IT'S STILL NOT THE SAME as the one I started with... What the frack is going on here?

Civil 3D 2012 SP2.1

Win 7 64 bit

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
troma
in reply to: Anonymous

Audit?

Are you sure it is the same style you're looking at?  I know I have similar or identical names in different places: Profile Style or Profile View Style, that sort of thing.

Sorry to start with the obvious, but I've no other suggestions.  Got to start somewhere.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: troma

I did audit.. fixed 2.. tried again.. got same result

Message 4 of 16
troma

Question: if you don't delete the style first, do you get the Duplicate Item question?

Duplicate.png

Mark Green

Message 5 of 16
sjg
Advisor

You imported the style into the drawing, but did you try reimported the band into your profile. Under your profile properties, under the bands tab, bottom of window, Import Band Set. Try reimporting and see if that helps
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous

nope.. no prompt

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: sjg

I tried that.

I also looked at the style the band is using and saw the style had incorrect settings.

Message 8 of 16
troma

You said "it appears to drag drop ok", so I presume you're getting the little box and plus sign symbol?

Have you tried a re-boot?

Other suggestion: delete the style again and insert the drawing with the correct style.  (I hope it's a blank drawing, if not, make one).

Mark Green

Message 9 of 16
jmayo-EE

Are both dwg's using the same drawing scale?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 10 of 16
Anonymous

When I delete, then drag drop.. the stye copies into the drawing.. but it comes with different settings (text height, location, etc.) i.e. the one I'm dragging has the height at 0.1.. after I drag it in.. it's set to 0.09

When I delete, then Import.. then style doesn't show up in the dialog to check for import.

Message 11 of 16
troma

Have you audited both drawings: the from and to?

Try to import into a different one; it's possible it is corrupt in the original.

Also try to insert the drawing in the insert block command.  That brings all the styles with.

Let us know what happens.

Mark Green

Message 12 of 16
andrewpuller3811

I have this issue on 2011 and I have tried all the above methods myself with no succes.

I ended up renaming or copying the style, with a unique name, you want to import in the source drawing, switch back to the target drawing and then drag the style in. I usually rename the old style to something then name the copied style to the original name and import it to the profile views.

Granted the copied in style does not get referenced by the band sets until you up date them, but better than editing the old band style to set it up as you need.

> Also try to insert the drawing in the insert block command.  That brings all the styles with.

From memory, I think this one was covered in a previous post and it was determined that existing styles were not overwritten.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 13 of 16
troma
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

@andrewpuller3811 wrote:

> Also try to insert the drawing in the insert block command.  That brings all the styles with.

From memory, I think this one was covered in a previous post and it was determined that existing styles were not overwritten.

Yes, this will not overwrite styles with the same name.  That's why I said to delete the style first.

I like your renaming idea too.   Always good to get a suggestion from someone who has had the same problem, which I haven't (yet!).

Mark Green

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous

This is too weird. I've tried renaming, then drag drop (also tried import styles) and I tried deleting the style and inserting the drawing with the updated style.. and it still holds the settings of the original style.

Odd thing is.. when doing the style import.. it doesn't show in the list.

Message 15 of 16
troma

When you delete the style, I presume it can't be in use on your profile view currently?  Do you close the drawing and reopen, to check it doesn't show up in the list again?

I don't know what import styles is.  Is that new for 2012?

Something else to test: set up a blank drawing with the good style, and insert your drawing into that instead.  I don't know if you can actually work with the result, becasue it might mess up your data shortcuts.  But if I had the problem it is somthing I would do as a test.

Weird indeed.

Mark Green

Message 16 of 16
jameshitt

I'm resurrecting this thread because this appears to still be an issue. Importing (dragging in) band styles isn't actually updating any of the actual settings of the style that it is overriding.

I just tried it on two different templates to the same result: No style overriding with Band Styles. Can anyone else corroborate this?

After more than 10 years, I think this ought to have been ironed out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report