Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strangeness at layer property tool

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Strator
373 Views, 4 Replies

strangeness at layer property tool

What does it means?

melyepites_0-1602678891639.png

Ihave been working for 35 years with autocad, but I did not see similar layer state symbols 

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
  • C3D
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: Strator

Hello @Strator ,

That's a new one. Can you tell us the steps you used to get to that display? Which version of Civil 3D? Go to Help, About Autodesk Civil 3D. It will list your version of AutoCAD, too. 

Do you have third party software running inside Civil 3D? Are you using beta software and have forgotten the rules about where you post?

The one symbol looks like it wants to set Color to ByLayer, but layers need an explicit color. The entities can be set to ByLayer, but the layers cannot. The other symbol, the half-sun/half-snowflake, might mean that a layer is frozen in the current viewport, but not globally frozen. That's a guess.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 5
Strator
in reply to: tcorey

I use C3D 2021 without any thirdparty application but with hugarian country kit. Operation system is win 10 pro.

Message 4 of 5
tcorey

Those icons must be from your country kit. No such icons display in the US English version. If you track it down, please post the result.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 5
MMcCall402

I just saw this in the 2020 US version.  Those rows in the layer manager are layer filters. Since they represent multiple layers they don't show any specific layer color, freeze/thaw, etc.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report