Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Symbols on Profile view Labels

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
3055 Views, 7 Replies

Strange Symbols on Profile view Labels

I opened a drawing I previously had saved with 2015 in 2017 and my entire profile view is littered with big I's with a circle around them. This is a error symbol I recognize from 2015 which would show up when a profile was not tangent or a alignment was not tangent. However even knowing this I cannot locate in the style where this can be turned off? Does this now show up when a profile view marker is set to none?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: Anonymous

Go to Options, AEC Editor tab, and uncheck Drafting under Solution Tips.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 8
BrianHailey
in reply to: Anonymous

I wrote this up on MY BLOG when the new text override glyphs came out. My opinion is deal with them and don't turn them off. If you are seeing the warning symbols in your profile, Civil 3D is trying to tell you something has changed, confirm the change is acceptable, and then dismiss the warnings (select the profile and clear all warnings).

If you turn them off via the options, you turn off all the glyphs. This includes the text override, pressure pipe warnings, alignment tangency warnings, etc. 

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 8
karen_bethune
in reply to: BrianHailey

I agree that the warning symbols are a good thing, to remind you that a label has been over-ridden; if you change the profile, pipe, etc., that label will not update so the warning is a good thing.  But can we control the style, colour, location of it?  Or can you clear the warnings on labels the way you can on a profile?  Thanks!

Message 5 of 8
BrianHailey
in reply to: karen_bethune

If you install Civil 3D 2018.1, there are some new system variable that you can use to turn on and off the text override symbols: 

image.png

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 6 of 8

Also here...

2017-11-01_10-47-58.png

Todd Rogers
Message 7 of 8

How did I not notice that?

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 8 of 8

Well in your defense @BrianHailey, I only saw it just the other day. Smiley Wink

Todd Rogers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report