Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange problem Civil&Cad 25 (Text,Mtext)

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
redasobeh
1014 Views, 9 Replies

Strange problem Civil&Cad 25 (Text,Mtext)

I installed CAD and Civil 3D 2025, and when I opened my drawings, I was surprised that all the texts&Mtexts were upside down!. I noticed that Mtext paragraph was set to Default, and then I changed it to Distribute, it returned to its correct position, How can I fix this?

but as for texts, i don't know what happened and what is the solution?

Drawing Attached.

Short Video Attached.

Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Your video shows that you are using AutoCAD 2025, not Civil 3D.  Is this an issue that you are having within Civil 3D?  Should we ask to have this post moved to the AutoCAD forum?

I opened your file in AutoCAD 2025 and in Civil 3D 2025 and I am not able to reproduce what you show in your video.

What version of AutoCAD 2025 do you have?  Do you have the 2025.0.1 update installed?

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 3 of 10
redasobeh
in reply to: redasobeh

The same issue exists in Auto CAD and Civil 2025
The strange thing is that I installed Auto CAD and Civil3D 2025 on another PC and Laptop and did not find this issue at all.
Also, on the same PC i use it, there are versions 2024 and 2025, and when I open the Attached Cad file (STATIONS.DWG) in both, I find that version 2025 reflects the texts&mtexts.

Message 4 of 10

I must be in the same boat as your other pc and laptop, not seeing it on my system at all.  I've got 2020-2025 all installed and not seeing the issue. Do you have the updates installed?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 5 of 10

I installed the update and still have the same issue!

As for version 24, there are no problems.

Message 6 of 10
vladimir_michl
in reply to: redasobeh

Try to switch off the DirectX 12 mode. Version 2025 may show all kinds of font problems with incompatible graphic cards. See https://www.cadforum.cz/en/autocad-2025-is-not-displaying-some-fonts-correctly-tip14080

Vladimir Michl, www.arkance-systems.cz  -  www.cadforum.cz

Message 7 of 10
redasobeh
in reply to: vladimir_michl

Oh My God,
Everything is really alright now,
From Graphics Performance I turned Hardware Acceleration off.
Thanks so much.

Screenshot 2024-05-08 235613.jpg

Message 8 of 10

I would avoid just turning hardware acceleration off, look through the settings and see if there is one particular setting in 3DCONFIG you can change to fix it.  Such as what is recommended above, changing to intermediate mode for 2d display, or setting GFXDX12 to 0.  If you can find the individual component, it will allow you to continue to take advantage of the other features of Hardware Acceleration, and will end up in a better end result.

Message 9 of 10

I did that and changed the (gfxdx12) value to (0),
indeed, It actually worked,
and I turned hardware acceleration on again.
But how important is hardware acceleration for graphics?

Message 10 of 10

I dont have a specific answer to that, other than Hardware acceleration can use more power from your video card than software acceleration does.  It helps with both 2d and 3d operations.  You can look into the help articles on the 3dconfig command and related links, it does a much better job explaining it than I can.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report