Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Horizontal Line Plotting Under Profile Viewport

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
r_laufer1
312 Views, 6 Replies

Strange Horizontal Line Plotting Under Profile Viewport

I've seen this issue a few places her but no solution so, here it is again. Hoping someone has found a solution. 

I have approximately 80 plot sheets for a project. All are set up with the same layers, setting etc for the xrefs and viewports. The profile sheets all have a horizontal line along the bottom of the viewport. It's not visible on screen until I get to the plot preview. It plots on paper whether I print to PDF or direct to plotter. I have also tried publishing; line is still there. The weird part is there are some plan views on these sheets and there's no line under those VPs, just the profile VPs. 

I have recovered, audited, purged, We have tried different computers, saving the file as something else. I have also tried clipping the VPs. I'm out of ideas. 

I've attached one of the offending plots. I'm using C3D 2024. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
willXXXDP
in reply to: r_laufer1

I'm guessing you've tried but is it possible the line is directly underneath the viewport? If you freeze the viewport or do a lasso select and de-select the viewport is there a line that you can delete?

Message 3 of 7
v-silvestre

Hi @r_laufer1, any chance you can upload the affected drawing?  

Message 4 of 7
r_laufer1
in reply to: v-silvestre

Here ya go. Excuse the mess, I had to detach some xrefs and bind others. 

You can't see it in the sheet layout but you can in the plot preview (if you zoom in a little) and the plot itself.  I've double checked there's nothing hidden there, I've tried clipping the VPS. I've never seen this before. 

The entire set has 16 pages of profiles and I really don't want to submit them like this. 

Message 5 of 7
Chuck_L_AKS

It looks like there is something in the definition of the viewport. It looks like it was clipped. That linework seems to have embedded itself into your viewport. 

I created a new viewport and it did not appear. It might be helpful to create views of the area you want included in the viewports. It makes the viewport creation less of a hassle to find your content to display since it zooms to extents. If you copy this viewport from another layout tab you could be propagating the issue. 

Hopefully, this works for you.

Chuck Litchfield
AKS Engineering and Forestry, LLC
C3D 2024
Message 6 of 7
r_laufer1
in reply to: Chuck_L_AKS

Just tried, didn't make a difference. It may be worth noting that when I created a new VP, the line was not there at first...until I centered the profile into it. So to test further, I just centered the VP over a random area, it happened to be the assemblies. I got even more weird lines. 

Message 7 of 7
r_laufer1

I seem to have solved it!

OK, It appears that these phantom lines are related to zero values in subassemblies. This makes no sense, especially since the offending subassemblies are in an xref but I've seen equally nonsensical things in this software in the past. At any rate, if anyone has this issue, Check your subassemblies, if you want something to be zero, make it .000001 or whatever. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report