Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm and Sanitary Analysis Error is removing components

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
bforr
975 Views, 5 Replies

Storm and Sanitary Analysis Error is removing components

SSA 2020

I have been getting the same Access Violation error message that everyone has been getting for quite a few years apparently.  I would get it when closing SSA, but open the file later and all is good.  So today, I get it when opening a file, close the message, nothing on screen, zoom extents, nothing, zoom in with mouse wheel and something appears way off in the distance.  It's my storage node, pipe and outfall node.  Subbasin gone.  So I get a backup from the server.  Same thing.  What is going on with this?  No solution from Autodesk?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
bforr
in reply to: bforr

ok, well now, someone with a 2017 version opens it just fine.  Guess I'll try the ol uninstall reinstall routine.  

Message 3 of 6
bforr

update 2.

Well now, I have 2019 still on and it opens the file fine.

For 2020 I did the repair to no avail.  

Uninstalled and reinstalled.  Same problem.

my solution:  uninstall 2020 and use 2019.

Message 4 of 6
bforr

Update 3.

Well now the dang 2019 version is giving me the warning at the beginning of opening a file and nothing is there.  Hope I didn't lose my work.  Anyone else having this problem?

Message 5 of 6
bforr

so uninstalled 2019, shut down, reinstalled 2020 and seems to work.  The files that didn't show anything have everything previously designed intact.

Message 6 of 6
lynn_zhang

Hello @bforr 

Thanks for posting and sharing all the updates! Glad to hear you managed to fix the problem. Let us know if you need any further help!

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report