Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSA 2021 Not Reporting In Plan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bclavery
965 Views, 4 Replies

SSA 2021 Not Reporting In Plan

Can someone lend a hand here?  I was running through tutorials with SSA as we have previously used PondPack and HEC-HMS for detention pond design.  I created a test file based off some tutorials in SSA 2020, but when I went to print and customize reports, I realized I didn't have the latest printer drivers.  The program ran just fine and I was able to get results, just not print them.  I decided to just upgrade to SSA 2021, but now when I run the model, I can't get any output on any of the nodes in the Plan View.  I can go to the Time Series plots and see all of the relevant data (inflow at nodes, elevation and volume at storage node, etc.).  I just can't see any of it in plan view.  If I run this in SSA 2020, in can click Analysis and then click on the storage node and it will give me 'Max Water Depth', 'Max Water Elevation', 'Peak inflow', etc.  All of these are grayed out.  It seems like it's not reporting in plan.  Any ideas?  Like I said, works perfect in SSA 2020.  

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jalnealFG
in reply to: bclavery

I tried SSA 2021 on zero day and it seemed broke as all get out (that's a technical term, right?).  I'm on Windows 10, SSA 2020 working beautifully, and frankly have no intention of wasting my time with how major of a bug it seems to be as it seems the software is unusable (at least on my machine) for the time being and offers few if any improvements from a knowingly stable 2020. 

1 - loaded my 2020 project.  Hit the running man and it executed, but said out of range.  All result boxes said N/A.  Tried profiling and reported and acted like it never ran. 

2 - I tried a simple 5 acre basin with a type II storm time series, 7.9 inch rainfall, Junction, 100' open channel section, and outfall.  Ran analysis, showed flooding on the junction which should not have and it did report on the junction, but no reporting in the culvert downstream or outfall, all N/A.  Tried to profile something and it got caught in an infinite loop generating windows saying ' is not a floating point value.  

At that point I uninstalled, but I was on the trial.  Been loving Civil3d 2021, so thought maybe its because of the trial, we updated our license server and thought maybe the failed calcs were a way to License protect SSA, so re-installed it. Ran it this morning to get the same unusable results as before, and unfortunately don't have time to solve the problem - curious if others have problems because I'm totally mystified thinking maybe my config has a particular thing that broke it because I can't imagine a global release of software that's only use (if it had mass) would be a paperweight. 

Message 3 of 5
bclavery
in reply to: jalnealFG

I ended up filing a support issue with Autodesk and sent them my file.  They looked at it and came to the same conclusion that you and I did, that SSA 2021 has some bugs in it that need to be resolved.  I was told to use SSA 2020 until a fix was released.  So there is likely no problem with your installation, kind of surprised that Autodesk hasn't issued a statement to not use the software until the issues are ironed out.

Message 4 of 5
Mark_Castle

I know Autodesk feels they need to release a new version every year to justify subscription, but I wish they'd re-think this. They seem to have a hard time putting out releases that frequently that are not buggy as heck initially. Many companies/agencies I know of wait until a service pack or two, and sometimes skip a release entirely. Civil 3D is pretty mature at this point, so yearly releases don't offer dramatic enhancements anymore. I'd be good with an every other year release cycle if the initial release was more stable. My two cents.

Mark Castle
Win 10 64-Bit, Thinkpad P50
16 GB RAM; Core i7-6820HQ; Quadro M1000M
Message 5 of 5
ryanlaughlin

I am having the same issues. I get a message when I try to view a profile plot that says "not a valid floating point value" and then it will not even show a profile plot of the network, let alone report analysis results. More recently, I've noticed that when running an analysis while viewing a profile plot, the same message will pop up and even though the analysis time keeps running, all hydraulic grade lines and reporting data is frozen and no longer updates. I have very little confidence now that the software is providing any usable results. Of course, in classic fashion, Autodesk will not chime in to let anyone know that they know there are problems and certainly won't offer any advice on how to resolve the issues. This is causing our company big problems right now a high profile project. It's clear Autodesk can't be trusted with H&H modeling...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report