Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slope area

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
F.Camargo
1057 Views, 13 Replies

Slope area

Hi guys,

How are you?

I'm working in a project that can't have a slope over 30%.

But I don't know how to fix it, I was trying to create a feature line and raise my surface about 2meters.

It isn't working properly, and I need some help. 

I'm attaching my drawing.

Thank in advance.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: F.Camargo

Are you not engineering these slope to be within the stated parameters? I cant open you file at this time

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 14
autoMick

You can add a breakline, which will affect the surface elevation in close proximity to the breakline, but there are other elevations defining the existing surface elevations/slope, so the effect is localised. I notice all of your lot boundaries are at an elevation of 819. It would seem that the best solution would be to create a separate surface, which is effectively a level pad for your lots, possibly with a few intermediate breaklines/contours sloping away from the lots. This would create a new surface with compliant slopes. Once you are happy with this, paste this surface into your existing surface and you will end up with a combined surface adhering to your slope criteria.

Cheers

- Mick

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.
Message 4 of 14
F.Camargo
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

@Joe-Bouza wrote:
Are you not engineering these slope to be within the stated parameters? I cant open you file at this time

Hi Joe,

I'm modeling the corridors, the lots and others areas couldn't.

But I can not have slope over 30%  for lots and institucional area. And I'm trying to fix it.

Let me know if you could open the file, and I attached it again.

Thanks

Message 5 of 14
F.Camargo
in reply to: autoMick

@autoMick wrote:

You can add a breakline, which will affect the surface elevation in close proximity to the breakline, but there are other elevations defining the existing surface elevations/slope, so the effect is localised. I notice all of your lot boundaries are at an elevation of 819. It would seem that the best solution would be to create a separate surface, which is effectively a level pad for your lots, possibly with a few intermediate breaklines/contours sloping away from the lots. This would create a new surface with compliant slopes. Once you are happy with this, paste this surface into your existing surface and you will end up with a combined surface adhering to your slope criteria.

Cheers

- Mick

Mick, thank for replay  🙂

Could you make a dwg for explain better the task, please?

It will help me a lot.

Thanks 

Message 6 of 14
autoMick

I've done a very rough example in the screencast below - you would need to take more care with the edges and achieving the right slopes, but I hope this demonstrates the principle. The idea is to create a finished ground surface as you would like it, and paste it in to your existing surface. This effectively replaces that small section of the original surface with your new section.

You will see that I created the replacement surface section by using your existing boundary (which was at the right elevation already) and just adding it as a breakline. You will probabaly want to have numerous breaklines and contours at different elevations to help define the landform better than my 62 second version.

I hope this helps

Cheers

- Mick

Message 7 of 14
fcernst

Your streets are too steep. Fix that, then design a nice safe tiered wall system in that steep tract.

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2025
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 8 of 14
F.Camargo

@autoMick wrote:

I've done a very rough example in the screencast below - you would need to take more care with the edges and achieving the right slopes, but I hope this demonstrates the principle. The idea is to create a finished ground surface as you would like it, and paste it in to your existing surface. This effectively replaces that small section of the original surface with your new section.

You will see that I created the replacement surface section by using your existing boundary (which was at the right elevation already) and just adding it as a breakline. You will probabaly want to have numerous breaklines and contours at different elevations to help define the landform better than my 62 second version.

I hope this helps

Cheers

- Mick

Mick,

Thanks! 🙂

Great screencast.

In you screen cast the contours has gone! See the image bellow.

Mick.JPG

I'd like to get the slope under 30%.

my project.JPG

I'm trying to create a feature line and change the elevation.

Help me friends, please.

Message 9 of 14
F.Camargo
in reply to: fcernst

@fcernst wrote:

Your streets are too steep. Fix that, then design a nice safe tiered wall system in that steep tract.

Hi Fred,

Yes, my streets are too steep! 

I can't fix better than that, the natural surface is very steep.

I'm trying to modeling the surface to make it better.

If I create a feature line at the botton of the institucional are and raise about 5 meters. It will work?

example.JPG

Message 10 of 14
autoMick

@F.Camargo Yes, in my screencast I just pasted in a flat surface, but the point was that could could create a any surface you want very quickly and paste it in. If for instance,  if you drew some contours as you have in your last post, assigned the correct elevations and added them to a new surface, then pasted that surface into your existing ground surface, you would get the slopes as you want them.

If on the other hand, you just drew those contours and added them directly to your existing surface (without using the new surface) then you would find that the influence of each of those contours would be limited by the other existing surface triangles and you would not achieve what you want.

Cheers

- Mick

Message 11 of 14
F.Camargo

@autoMick wrote:

@F.Camargo Yes, in my screencast I just pasted in a flat surface, but the point was that could could create a any surface you want very quickly and paste it in. If for instance,  if you drew some contours as you have in your last post, assigned the correct elevations and added them to a new surface, then pasted that surface into your existing ground surface, you would get the slopes as you want them.

If on the other hand, you just drew those contours and added them directly to your existing surface (without using the new surface) then you would find that the influence of each of those contours would be limited by the other existing surface triangles and you would not achieve what you want.

Cheers

- Mick

Hi guys,

I'm back. 🙂

I'm still working in the project. maybe I have a better solution!

And I need some help to do that.

I created a feature line around the area that I need to change...

At the image bellow I create a green line as a example with elevations.

I have calculated the slope for that situation and it's OK!

Could you help me please?

Thanks

Fabricio

example-feature line.JPG

Message 12 of 14
F.Camargo

feature line.JPG

I got it!!!! Smiley Happy

I'm very happy.

Message 13 of 14
autoMick

That's much better. Glad it worked.

Cheers

- Mick

Message 14 of 14
F.Camargo

@autoMick wrote:

That's much better. Glad it worked.

Cheers

- Mick

Thank you very much for the help.

Cheers

Fabricio

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report