Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing custom subasemblies

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ytzvib
856 Views, 5 Replies

Sharing custom subasemblies

Hi,

I have some custom subassemblies that I created with subassembly composer and it works well with my computer.

When I send it to my coworker and he tries to use it it says "one or more subassembly macro (or.Net classes) could not found" The only way for it to work is for him to open it with subassembly composer and save it on his computer and then import it to his tool palette.

And when he opens a drawing that I put the subassemblies into he needs to replace them with the ones on his computer in order for it to work.

If he does not replace it then it either does not show the custom parts of the corridor or he can't edit targets.

see the attached example of the custom assemblies.

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ytzvib
in reply to: ytzvib

Sorry could not post the PKT file the forum does not let me.

Message 3 of 6
tcorey

Rename it to .zip and we can rename it back to .pkt.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 6
ytzvib

Please see the attached subassembly

Message 5 of 6
Jowennl

Hi @ytzvib ,

I assume you both uses the same C3D Versions and same windows version. Can you please check if both of you got the same .NET framework version and atleast 4.5 and above. For example C3D 2018 you can use .Net framework 4.7

Get the <.NET Framework Link>

For sharing PKT, I prefer to share DLL and make it synchronized with the team. For more information about sharing custom subassembly. You can try the link below,

<AU Class Video Link> watch 42:24 - 50:25

<AU Class Handout Link> Refer to pages 25-28

Cheers,

Jowenn

Message 6 of 6
ytzvib
in reply to: Jowennl

Thanks,

What I ended up doing was after importing the subassembly into the tool palette I copied the entire folder that was in  C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 20xx\enu\Imported Tools\<subassemblyname> and copied it into the same location on my cow workers computer and it works fine now.

I used the below link to find the location.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report