Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shapefile Labels through task pane - delete? they come back

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bforr
316 Views, 3 Replies

Shapefile Labels through task pane - delete? they come back

C3D 2020

used task pane to bring in labels for soil type shapefiles from web soil survey.  Some labels are off a bit, some have overlapping labels.  So I clean it up by moving the labels (properties say they are text objects) and deleting overlapping.  Looks great.  Save or switch layouts and deleted labels and placements reappear.  I don't see where you can fix this.  Can't explode, copy, or bind like an xref.  

Anyone know how to overcome this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Pointdump
in reply to: bforr

Bryan,
Recommend using a >>>Map Annotation Template<<< for labeling.
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 4
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: bforr

You can also select the Maps icon in the task pane and choose Save as AutoCAD drawing. This will turn everything into AutoCAD entities.

Todd Rogers
Message 4 of 4
bforr
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Thank you both for your quick response and solutions.  Each has it's benefits.  For the mapanntext, it was easy to do and kept the changes.  I still had to move some around probably because of the shape of the "parcel".  When I updated annotation I had the choice of retain or ignore (something like that) and I chose retain.  The labels moved back to original insertion but the items I deleted were um deleted. ha.  I undid to the point and chose ignore and they all went away.  I tried REA but they didn't appear, so I retained, moved and saved.  All good.  For the pick Maps icon, it did save them as a group which I could explode and delete/move which was good, but it changed all the mtext in the dwg to ####.   If the shapefiles were the only objects in the dwg, it'd be fine.

Got the results I needed.  It's a great C3D day!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report