Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shape style purge

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
514 Views, 6 Replies

Shape style purge

If you have a shape style applied as a material area in a code set style, if you purge styles, and that shape style is not in use anywhere else, it will purge that style and revert your material areas back to none.

C3D2017

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
wpagl452
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous, thanks for your post!

Unless I'm not understanding your comment, it sounds like purge is functioning properly. Would you mind clarifying your concerns?

Purging once will remove all unused child styles in a drawing. I'd recommend having a template file that contains your code set styles and shape styles so that you can re-import these styles in the event that you purge them out before using them.

All the best,
Winston
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: wpagl452

I would have thought setting a style in the material area would mean that style was in use and therefore protected from purge.

Reimporting the styles isn't an issue, after you've discovered why they keep disappearing in the first place.

Message 4 of 7
wpagl452

@Anonymous, would you mind attaching the file you're working in?

I created a new file and made some dummy shape styles and referenced them in some code set styles. After a purge, they were still there. I'd like to see if I can replicate your issue on my end.

All the best,
Winston
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Did you style purge or Autocad purge command?  I'll see if I can get something uploaded soon.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Code Set "standard" uses "new shape style" for material area.

Style purge the drawing. It will still list "new shape style" in the code set dialog, but "new shape style" doesn't exist.

Message 7 of 7
wpagl452

@Anonymous, thank you for providing that file!

I’ve verified the behavior you described. I even went one step further and applied that code set style to a corridor. A style purge still removed the shape style and reset the material area fill style to none (even though the name of the deleted shape style still showed up).

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I will be bringing this issue to the development team.

Screencast for clarification: https://autode.sk/2N5MJ6m

As I show at the end of the screencast, one can force the software to recognize the shape style as being “in use” by applying it to a subassembly under shape codes and then applying the code set style to any assembly.

All the best,
Winston

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report