Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting imported point style

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tkirbytrinity
246 Views, 3 Replies

Setting imported point style

Hello,

When I import points to a drawing, the Style and Point Label Style come in as <default>. I'm not sure what style this is using, but it's not the one I want. I've set the style I want as the default everywhere I can find, including under the CreatePoints command. What controls the <default> for importing?

Also, some points have descriptions that AutoCAD recognizes, and it assigns these a bunch of distinctive properties (including Style, Point Label Style, Layer, and Description Format). How do I disable this entirely?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Pointdump
in reply to: tkirbytrinity

Hi Thomas,
"What controls the <default> for importing?"
If you "Disable Description Keys", then the points will get whatever styles are assigned in the _All Points Group.
Dave

DisableDescriptionKeys_1.png

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 4
rl_jackson
in reply to: tkirbytrinity

The default for importing is controlled by the Point Settings which is accessed by Right-Click

SharedScreenshot.jpg

Otherwise the settings are controlled by the Create Points which is the same right-click

SharedScreenshot2.jpg

If you want to OVERRIDE the description keys create a group that is a copy of the _All Points groups (i.e. _All Point Override) and set the override for the point style to what you want it to be and make it primary or at the top of the Point Group List. Here I have _No Display at the top so that only my symbolic points are displayed.

SharedScreenshot3.jpg

Here's my _Hide All

SharedScreenshot4.jpg

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4

Thank you both for the replies! Ultimately, all I needed was to disable description keys.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report