Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Road not being targeted - Median not showing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
317 Views, 5 Replies

Service Road not being targeted - Median not showing

Hi 

Since I am new to Civil 3D Site design and corridor modelling, i am facing a problem with one of the corridors. The problem in a nutshell is that i have a corridor with a service road, I made an assembly to model the corridor with the service road, However there is a break at the transition/ entrance of the service road as seen in the screenshot below, Moreover i dont know why the median is not showing at this location also, please help if you know how i can solve this. I have attached two images one showing the entrance and the service road and the assembly used. 

Capture.PNG

Assembly.PNG

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jeew-m
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear Friend,

Please check this video whether the inputs suit to solve your issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VY_s-J08d0&t=64s

Thanks

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 6
M_c3d

its difficult to see what you are trying to achieve but it looks like a transition from one assembly to another?

If that is the case, Civil 3d doesn't do transitions well, you either need to use a featureline (or vertical profile) to target your elevations for your targets

OR

split your corridor and leave a gap in it (say a 10m transition zone) and allow the surface to fill in the gap and act as a transition

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: M_c3d

Yes exactly my question was about having a proper transition between two different assemblies. Moreover if you've noticed i am using an assembly which is having two medians using the mark point approach to do so, however it is showing as a gap so the question will be 

Can i make an assembly with two medians meaning that it will have two mark points ? 

Finally is it a common practice to leave a gap in the corridor and just let the surface fill this gap ? what if i wanted to see a section there ? 

Please accept my apology for these too many questions 😄 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeew-m

Unfortunately, the problem is with the corridor itself not the surface however this video helped me to fix some other areas.

Thank you very much   

Message 6 of 6
M_c3d

The only way you could do this is targetting the edge of the assemblies over the transition zone with either a featureline or vertical profile

The leaving a gap in the corridor is an accepted solution by most users who do it

And there is never too many questions, this is how we all learn, helping people come to solutions for their problems help us overcome the same problems in the future (or if we already have a solution then for how we have overcame it in the past).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report