Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section View-Projection Objects Extended Data

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bfrankS5TGX
284 Views, 4 Replies

Section View-Projection Objects Extended Data

Is there any way to copy the extended data of the source object of projections in the section views? I make a macro in Dynamo to give 3D solids data to then be projected into the section views. Unfortunately the extended data doesn't come through, which is putting the brakes to my idea of labeling based on that data. Is there an easy way I'm missing? 

I've tried using Dynamo to copy the data over but the lists get a little jumbled due to the naming of the projected 3d solids.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
acad_ahossain
in reply to: bfrankS5TGX

Hi @bfrankS5TGX 

Can you attach your file to try helping this issue !

Message 3 of 5
bfrankS5TGX
in reply to: acad_ahossain

I can't post the file but here are some screenshots that I hope can help.

This is the 3D Solid created from the pipe and the Dynamo I made assigns the property sets:

bfrankS5TGX_0-1690202275641.png

This is in the section view where it calls out the source object at the above solid:

bfrankS5TGX_1-1690202466617.png

I want the extended data here to match the extended data on the solid for labeling purposes:

bfrankS5TGX_2-1690202520932.png

Message 4 of 5
lim.wendy
in reply to: bfrankS5TGX

Hi Brian,

Welcome to the Civil 3D forum. Thank you for submitting your question in our discussion forums.

I noticed you've already applied the property set to the relevant object type. You can also include custom properties for label styles. Check out this link for more information.

limwendy_1-1690424040106.png

Please let us know if you require further assistance

Remember to mark your posts as having an "Accepted Solution" if a solution is found as it helps other forum users with the same issue – so don't be shy about marking it as a solution! Accepted solutions get viewed more and help more users find the answer to their problems. . You could unmark the post as an accepted solution if the solution did not work. Click the ellipsis menu  > Not the Solution to cancel an accepted answer. 

I noticed you've already applied the property set to the relevant object type. You can also include custom properties for label styles. Check out this link for more information.

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Message 5 of 5
bfrankS5TGX
in reply to: lim.wendy

I'm trying to find a way to copy the property set from the source object to the section view-projection object. I'm still working on a potential solution through Dynamo and will post a solution if I get one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report