Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale List in 2019

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
AllenJessup
998 Views, 6 Replies

Scale List in 2019

I did a Recover and purged a drawing. I used DWG-PURGE to purge it. This purged all unused Scales. I tried to use ScaleListEdit to reset the scales. I would usually select Imperial and Metric to reset because that would bring in the civil scales like 1" = 20'. This time it looked like it only brought in Metric and Architectural. I tried both Imperial and Metric alone and got similar results. I used to save the default scales out of the registry. But since I haven't had any trouble with them. I haven't done that since 2015.

I investigated the Scale List and found the scales named 1:1 through 1:100 are equal to 1" = 1' to 1" = 100'. So they're usable. But....  We use a field in the TB to display the viewport scale. So what should be 1" = 10' now displays as 1:10, which looks like a metric scale.

I can rename them all and create the ones larger than 1" = 100'. However. I'd like to know if this in now normal in 2019, am I doing something wrong or do I need to do a repair?

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jowennl
in reply to: AllenJessup

Hi @AllenJessup ,

I'd like to know if this in now normal in 2019, am I doing something wrong or do I need to do a repair?

I believe no that is not the standard of 2019. No you don't need to click repair just run a lisp routine to add them back.

See animated gif below and attached sample routine to easily fix them.

Scalelist_Imperial.gifScalelist_Imperial.gifStandards for 2019.pngStandards for 2019.pngDefault Scale from Options.pngDefault Scale from Options.png

Cheers,

Jowenn

Message 3 of 7
AllenJessup
in reply to: Jowennl

@Jowennl 

The lisp works great. Don't know why the correct scales aren't showing when I reset the list.

Thanks!

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
tcorey

Did you write that, Jowenn? When did you start programming with LISP? This will give me someone else with whom to collaborate! 

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 7
cwr-pae

Just FYI-ICYDK (in case you didn't know) You can configure dwg-purge under dwg-purge-batch to determine what is/is not purged, like your scales.

Message 6 of 7
Jowennl

Hi @AllenJessup ,

~~Don't know why the correct scales aren't showing when I reset the list.

See guide 1 and 2 below, I believe you need to modify the default scale list in the options before using as a reset button outside the default scale list. I just prefer to control them via LISP.

Guide 1Guide 1Guide 2Guide 2

Hi @tcorey ,

~~When did you start programming with LISP? This will give me someone else with whom to collaborate!

Yes, I wrote that for this post. I've been writing .scr and .lsp since 2007 but on a per need basis.

Cheers,

Jowenn

Message 7 of 7
AllenJessup

Hello @Jowennl ,

Thank you. That makes it very clear. I'll stick with your lisp unless I get time to edit the default.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report