Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Layer States in Paper Space and Model

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
huffman2RWQTP
292 Views, 3 Replies

Saving Layer States in Paper Space and Model

I'm looking for some clarification for my understanding of how Layer States should function between model and paper space.

It was my understanding that when in paper space and "clicked" into the viewport, any changes made to layers, after being "Updated" in the Layer States Manager, and saved, would not be affected by subsequent layer states or layer changes that were done in Model Space.?

I have set up 3 Layouts in Paper Space, each with a different saved Layer State.  When I work in Model Space and change the Layer State to draft, the layers will change the Layer Settings in each of the viewports to what ever Layer State setting I was using in Model Space.  As opposed to holding the Layer State I set within the Viewport while in Paper Space.

Is this an example of Layer States working correctly?

Thanks

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
user181
in reply to: huffman2RWQTP

The paper space layer states are separate states saved than the one in model correct? If so when you apply a layer state in the viewport do you have the button "Apply properties as viewport overrides" checked? 

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: huffman2RWQTP

Did you by chance miss this checkbox when you are inside a viewport in paperspace perhaps

pendean_0-1717785165746.png

Message 4 of 4
huffman2RWQTP
in reply to: pendean

The box is checked. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report