Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved down to a older version

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
999 Views, 5 Replies

Saved down to a older version

Hi guys,

I am working with Civil 3D 2016 and one of our Project was opened and saved to Civil 3D 2017. So when I open the drawings in 2016, all the data (Profiles, corridors and alignments etc) are huge. How do I save the whole dwg to 2016?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
troma
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 6
troma

Hi and welcome to the forums. It looks like that mistake is going to cause some headaches. I just pasted a couple of links in my previous reply. Possibly something there will help, but this is not an easy one.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 6
AllenJessup

AFAIK The choices are;

1) Forget what was done in 2017, find a backup that is still in 2016 and proceed from there.

2) Continue using 2017 for that project.

3) Export all Civil 3D objects to LandXML, Wblock all the non-Civil3D entities to a new drawing, import the LandXML file into the new drawing in 2016. Note: I have never done this. Just working on theory.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
jporter

This is the only method I've figured out so far:
http://www.asti.com/News-Events/blogs/PostId/1705/civil-3d-2017-not-so-easily-compatible-with-older-...

Allen's WBLOCK suggestion is a good one too, though I've not tried it either I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com
Message 6 of 6
AllenJessup
in reply to: jporter

Since I made it up off the top of my head it's quite similar to the link you posted. I tend to like WBlock because it can shake loose any junk that might come with the drawing. But the method in the link does use the fact that the AutoCAD drawing versions are compatible. Just not the Civil3D objects.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report