Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC-Needs help creating custom subassembly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
marko.prpic
284 Views, 3 Replies

SAC-Needs help creating custom subassembly

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to come up with solution to my problem, but after several days I have to admit I'm quite lost.

Here picture of what I'm trying to do (I will try my best to explain as English in not my first language, and I don't know some terms):

sac1.jpg

Conditions: In fill situations, if EG slope is more than 20deg, cut steps below for stability (blue line). Steps slope and length has variable values. These steps should be made from end of fill slope till crossing of EG and lane bottom layer (Datum), or if lanes are above ground, from one daylight to another.

Problems:

1. loop geometry isn't working if trying to loop with negative Delta X (subassembly is right side)

2. insertion point is at the beginning of magenta line - how to find intersection from EG and Lane datum, or point of daylight on left side?

Is it even possible what I'm trying to do, or is there some out-of-box subassembly that can do what I'm trying here?

Daylight is custom subassebmly, and these steps are part of it.

Thanks!

BR,

Marko

Tags (1)
Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AllenJessup
in reply to: marko.prpic

This video covers some of the steps to control benching. I don't know how to do it in subgrade. You may have to use codes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceUew3G58_M&t=393shttps://www.google.com/search?q=benching+in+civil+...

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

In this short video, I show a few techniques for creating side slope benching within a Civil 3D corridor. This will be accomplished using only the stock subassemblies provided by Civil 3D. In a future video, we will look at customizing our bench subassemblies using the Subassembly Composer ...
Message 3 of 4
marko.prpic
in reply to: AllenJessup

Thanks for reply!

I checked video, but I couldn't learn anything from it, that would help me (unless I'm missing something)?

BR

Marko

Message 4 of 4
AllenJessup
in reply to: marko.prpic

You're probably not missing anything. I wasn't sure one way or the other. Thought it was worth a try. Hopefully someone with more experience with subassemblies will be able to give you the answer.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report