Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC - Logic Within Decision

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jmartt
500 Views, 5 Replies

SAC - Logic Within Decision

I'm pretty close to having this work. But I'm having trouble with the decision. I've tried it a couple ways and undoubtedly my logic is wrong, but I can't locate where.

For my SA DecisionWorksButNotForEGWithinStrata, when the EG is below and there is a catch, it works.

Capture.PNG

And if the EG is above, it targets the ditch, and works.

Capture.PNG

But if the EG is within the strata, the result isn't desired.

Capture.PNG

This is using the Decision AP1.isvalid only. So I made another SA DecisionDontWork using the Decision (AP1.isvalid)and(ap1.y<ap3.y), which I'm intending to accept AP1 if it catches and revert to the sideslope resultant of the ditch if it doesn't, if the catch isn't below the strata. And it works for the cases if AP1 is created (if it catches) and if it does catch, but not below the strata. Great. The problem is now that it does not build if the EG is above P2 and I can't figure-out why. How can it work for the first SA and not the second? I'm baffled.

Capture.PNG

I've attached both the Sa's, but the only difference is the logic in the Decision. What I want is the DecisionDontWork SA to, y'know, work for the condition where EG is above P2.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: jmartt

If you look at the Event View tab at the bottom right in SAC you can see that when it's not behaving it is because AP1 is not able to be calculated and therefore it doesn't know what to do with half of your decision. 

Try this modification to check each decision separately instead of combining them into a common one. image.png

image.png

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Tags (2)
Message 3 of 6
jmartt
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

I woke up today thinking to myself "I hope @KMercier_C3D is online today."

I'm very appreciative of your help, once again.

Message 4 of 6
jmartt

Oh no! The SA worked fine in SAC, but when I bring it into C3D 2019, it gives me this:

Capture.PNG

I don't remember ever getting this before. I think if a SA worked in SAC, it worked in C3D too.

I tried forcing it into a corridor and it is producing only the top layer, not the second, and not the daylight.

Whatever can I do?

Message 5 of 6
KMercier_C3D

Hmmm. At those cross sections are you using a ditch elevation? Is the ditch elevation higher than point P10? 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 6 of 6
jmartt
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

Kati,

You're right. That's totally what is happening. When the sideslope is sufficiently tall enough to draw the second strata, it does. I hadn't looked at a section that did that before my last post, but now I see it works as expected.

I'm sure I can modify the SA to make the second layer happen when there isn't enough height. I have a similar SA that works like that.

I was thrown, and maybe I still am, by the errors I saw when importing the SA onto my TP. I don't know if I've seen that before, with an SA that works in SAC. Can it be that C3D recognized that there's a condition where it couldn't draw some of the lines and produced the errors? If that's what's happening, that's pretty smart of C3D. I've made a test drawing where the SA for sure doesn't know what assembly, (let alone what align/prof/corr) it's to be attached to, and it still gave me those errors upon import.

I guess I'll find out after I code in the condition where the sideslope height isn't low enough to intersect with.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report