Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROADS REPORT

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
alvarolopes7
235 Views, 3 Replies

ROADS REPORT

Hi

Can someone from de community explain me How to change, in the defined reports, Chainages for Stations (default)!

Rgds

Alvaro Lopes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I think we cant customize reports.

I would suggest copy all data from geometry editor to excel and generate customize reports there.

Message 3 of 4

I have never used Country Kits, but I would assume that Country Kits would do that.

Bill

Message 4 of 4

You can customise the reports that Civil 3d uses.

The reports are located here on my machine - C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2017\enu\Data\Reports\xsl

The Alignment Station and Curve.xsl is used for the Station_and_Curve report.

I would suggest making a copy of the above file before modifying it.

The file is an XML style sheet which governs how the xml files (output by civil 3d with the alignment information in them) are converted to html for viewing in a web browser.

If you change the name to Alignment Station and Curve.html, you can open it directly in a web browser and see how it will look, without the data.

You will need to modify the html components that say station, but not the xsl components.

Html components are enclosed in mark up identifiers such as <h3>Station Equations</h3>, <th>Internal Station</th>

Xsl components are within the <xsl: identifiers and must not be modified as the reports will not pick up the pieces they need.

I tried the Australian and British country kits but they both run the US report which has "Station" embedded in it.

Attached is a modified version of the Alignment Station and Curve report which shows chainage instead of station. You will have to rename the file from Alignment Station and Curve.xsl.txt to Alignment Station and Curve.xsl as the forum does not allow attachment of xsl files.

You will need to copy to the above folder overwriting the existing file - Make sure you back up the original.

You can set up your own toolbox categories and entries to save overwriting the original files - check out the help on "To Edit Toolbox Content"

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2023

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report