Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RoadLane Subbasembly with Superelevation and offset

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
453 Views, 4 Replies

RoadLane Subbasembly with Superelevation and offset

Hi there! I am new with using subbasembly composer and i tried to make more realistic superelevation road lane with subbase offsets and targets for width and slope, but i had some issues with the construction.

As I mentioned before i need to have targets for slope and offset i usually use superelevations for slope targets and offset alignments or polylines for offset targets. I've done this and it works but the problem is that my pave1,base and subbase slopes are different than Pave slope that is because of the type of construction that i've done in SAC but i can't find way to add cosin variable for lane slope angle for example.. Here is what i've achieved:
Lane.JPGHere are the parameters of my Lane:Parameters.JPGAs uyou can see every slope is different from -2.5 to -2.09 and i would like to have them all at constant -2.5 or whatever the superelevation is. Now no matter of the slope they always differ and that is because bottom right points are made with "Y and Slope" and for Y parameter i've putted "PAB" or "Binder" etc. but it is not perpendecular to the the previous lane and there I have this mistake Which is bigger with bigger lane slopes.. I will upload the Pkt file in my post.

Is there a any way I can accomplish what i want with SAC.. Here is a drawing with results i want:
Aim.JPG

And it would be great if there is a way to make subbase slope different with conditions for it for example if lane slope is between 0 and -4.0% base to be always -4.0% and if lane slope is greater than -4.0% for example -6.0% subbase slope to be equal to the lane slope, and if the slope is reversed like +2.5% to have +4% subbase slope and if the slope is +5.0% the subbase slope to be +5.0%, I know it is a bit hard to get but this wolud be the Ideal type.

Ideal!.JPG
Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Civil3DReminders_com
in reply to: Anonymous

I would suggest using more Auxiliary Points and Auxiliary Links to solve for where the points should be. That way you can control the slopes of the layers easily and then let Intersection Points to find where they should be located at.

In the variable slopes you'd use an Auxiliary Point/Link. In the Slope for the auxiliary link it would be something like IF(L2.Slope>0.04,0.04,0.06) Then it will apply the value you need. Then from P11 you'd do an Auxiliary Point/Link down at the appropriate slope. Then the Intersection Point could be used with those to Auxiliary Links and then add in links to connect the dots.

Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Civil3DReminders_com

Can you give me an example with using auxiliary points and links.. They have the same options as normal points and i can't find a way to model what i need with them..
Message 4 of 5
Civil3DReminders_com
in reply to: Anonymous

Here is an example showing the aux links. I'm pulling the slope from the top link L1.Slope to get the slope. In the lower links where you want to vary it would be where you would want to do somehting like this IF(Math.ABS(L1.Slope)>0.04,L1.Slope,IF(L1.Slope>0,0.06,-0.06))

Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Civil3DReminders_com

Thank you a lot! It's great! I've listened to your advice and used more aux points and done it in a bit different way using lots of decisions in subassembly composer. Now works perfect!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report