Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Road Daylight creation not properly modelled or created

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Abdissa34
245 Views, 3 Replies

Road Daylight creation not properly modelled or created

Hello Sirs,

Here is my problem. I have prepared a subassembly using subassembly composer for a project with all the targets, cut and fill daylight points and links as can be seen from the attached .pkt file. However, after importing the .pkt file (subassembly) into Civil 3D and modelled the corridor, the cut day light is not created properly. To further clarify the matter, the existing surface continues and overlays over the corridor surface (the cut daylight is not shown to cut through the existing surface) for stations of the road where there is a cut situation. This can be seen from the attached Civil 3D attached drawing. In addition, I have checked and made sure that target maps with the existing surface. Am using Civil 3D 2022 with Civil 3D Subassembly composer 2022. Could anyone please give me a solution?

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bonteng88
in reply to: Abdissa34

Hi  @Abdissa34

In your Drawing there is only EG Surface, there is nothing wrong with your Corridor, it do have CutDaylights in it but it is positioned below the EG Surface. What you need to do is to make Road1 and Road6 Surfaces then a new FG Surface with definition>Edit>Paste Surface.. EG, Road6 and then Road1 in sequenced , Then Set NoDisplay to EG Surface as shown in Below Pic

bonteng88_0-1698702375397.png

attached is the drawing that has been edited

Message 3 of 4
Abdissa34
in reply to: bonteng88

Thank you for taking your time to look for a solution and reply to the request. However, do you always have to create an FG surface everytime you create a corridor or has it only happened in my corridor file only?  Could you please clarify. In addition, would the solution in your post affect section view creation and volume calculations?

Message 4 of 4
Abdissa34
in reply to: Abdissa34

Thank you, it works. I have checked the file you posted. Its great eye opener for me regarding combining surfaces in Civil 3d too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report