Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIBBON 2009 ICONS MISSING

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
776 Views, 9 Replies

RIBBON 2009 ICONS MISSING

I HAVE A COUPLE ISSUE WITH THE NEW 2009 RIBBON. 1. MANY OF THE COMMANDS ON MY MACHINE DO NOT HAVE ICONS. I CHECKED WITH A COLLEGUE AND THEY STATED THEY ARE MISSING THE ICONS AS WELL. 2. WHEN EDITING MULTILEADER TEXT, THE NEW TEXT EDITOR IS INTEGRATED INTO THE RIBBON. THE IDEA IS FINE WITH ME BUT MANY OF THE EDITING FEATURES DO NOT SEEM TO RESPOND TO THE TEXT. SPECIFICALLY THE UNDERLINE, BOLD, AND CENTER. ANY THOUGHTS? THANKS.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Kyle-Evans
in reply to: Anonymous

Do not use 2009 until Service Pack 1 comes out.....
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

TIMEFRAME FOR SERVICE PACK 1?
Message 4 of 10
Kyle-Evans

Usually 3-4 months from the date of release i would think.... But yeah, I have received 2009, and only installed it on my home computer, so I can play around without messing things/drawings up and causing havoc in the office. But that is personally my own preference that I do not use it till Service Pack 1 is released. Then, when it is released, I am the only one who installs it, then if its good for 2-3 weeks, i authorize the switch over to 2009. Hope this helps you and good luck with 2009.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

I'm not entirely sure I completely buy into the advice of not using Civil 3D
until the first service pack comes out. If nobody used it then there would
be no service pack. There were no show stoppers for me last year prior to
SP1. As far as timing goes, nobody can tell you for sure, we can only go by
history. Last year the first service pack was released in late June.

So you're missing icons in the ribbon and you have no bold, or underline
among others? Is this when you double click the MTEXT to edit it.

Matt
Message 6 of 10
petrocat

I believe that in other posts it was recommended to not use the ribbon in C3D. Do you need to use the ribbon?
As for not using 2009 until service pack 1, I'm assuming he posted that tongue in cheek. So far we've seen no reason not to use it, not in our work and not in the postings in the DG.
Message 7 of 10
Kyle-Evans

I posted not using it till service pack 1 is out, because with 2008, I had MASSIVE problems, none of the labels moved over properly, thing were getting turned into linework only. Basically it was messing up our whole Civil 3D. Srufaces, pipes, grading, (ect)
Message 8 of 10
Matt.Anderson

If I recall correctly - there are no Civil 3d specific RIBBON commands as of yet.

Check out http://c3dpavingtheway.blogspot.com/2008/04/mtexttoolbar.html
Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

The quick fix to missing Ribbon icons can be found in this thread:
http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=734260&tstart=0
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Hi Rebecca,

I followed your link and it fixed the problem of the missing icons. Thank-you. But I am also interested in the second part to KUTRO's original post:

"2. WHEN EDITING MULTILEADER TEXT, THE NEW TEXT EDITOR IS INTEGRATED INTO THE RIBBON. THE IDEA IS FINE WITH ME BUT MANY OF THE EDITING FEATURES DO NOT SEEM TO RESPOND TO THE TEXT. SPECIFICALLY THE UNDERLINE, BOLD, AND CENTER."

There are icons that are missing also but can't find the ribbon as it only shows up when you double-click on Mtext. When I do double-click on Mtext, the "Multitext" ribbon shows up but when I click on any of the buttons none of them work. I have been able to bold text becuase I know that "shift-b" is the keyborad shortcut but I don't what the shortcuts are for all the buttons. Can you possible help out on this matter? By the way I am using Civil3D 2009.

Hope you can help.
Working Guy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report