Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renumbering Points

82 REPLIES 82
SOLVED
Message 1 of 83
Anonymous
13795 Views, 82 Replies

Renumbering Points

What I wish to do is to assign a set of points a sequence of point numbers (or custom properties) of my choosing. For example, I have the following points:

I wish to assign point 100 -> 1000, 105 to 1001, 107 to 1002, 104 -> 1003, and 102 ->1004. Basically, I am looking for a command or utility that implements the "TCOUNT" (using select-order) command, but for Cogo points instead of text. The renumber points command appears to only work with offsets, and does not eliminate gaps. I can sequence the points if I select the points I want, then copy them -> set duplicate points to sequence from the range I choose, but this does not allow for reordering of point numbers. I tried individually selecting them in the order I wanted, but didn't change the order in which they were numbered.

Alternatively, I can leave the point numbers the same, and assign a user defined property that I can use to sequence the points in the order of my choosing. However, I'm not sure how to go about assigning the sequence I wish short of typing in each value individually; obviously non-ideal.

A third possibility that presented itself to me was to create new, correctly sequenced points that overlap exactly with the old ones, and then somehow merge the two sets together. Would there be a way to merge the old points and the new ones based on the fact that the two points have the same X-Y coordinates? Preferably done in CAD itself; the last resort would be to export both sets of points out to excel, then do some fancy manipulation in excel, then reimport into CAD.

82 REPLIES 82
Message 61 of 83
Jeff_M
in reply to: htls69

OK, well it's working without error in your drawing. Not sure might be causing it to fail for you.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 62 of 83
htls69
in reply to: Jeff_M

thank i will try again

--
Allen G. Robberson Jr.
about.me/allenrobberson

I use @hover to register my domains and I think you should too! Try them
out: https://hover.com/3g1yWJrV #hoverlove
Allen Robberson
Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.
Message 63 of 83
Anonymous

Just wanted to say thank you! V7 worked like a charm in C3D 2016, thanks!

Message 64 of 83
Anonymous
in reply to: neilyj666

Saving the point file out as a *.csv file worked like a charm. In my scenario, I saved my file as a PNEZD, comma delineated. In excel, I simply performed the renumber operation then saved the updated *.csv file. In Civil 3D, I kept my point group however, I deleted all the points in it. Under "Import Points", I brought in the updated point file, ensuring I assigned the correct point file format (PNEZD, comma delineated in my case). All the points came back to their original position but contained updated point numbers. It took longer for me to write this response than to update the point numbers. Hope this helps. Great suggestion NeilyJ.

Message 65 of 83
fredericgougeon

Hi everybody, i run the lsp program on autocad civil 3d 2018 on it works really good for me. 

Nice app.

Thanks

Fred

Construction surveyor

Fred
Construction Surveyor
Message 66 of 83
shawn.bliss.civil
in reply to: Anonymous

I know this is an old post, but hopefully someone will have a quick answer for this. Im pretty new to this .lsp stuff and i am wondering if the lisp here exists for civ3d 2017? ive got thousands of cogo points to renumber (due to data not being received in sequence) and basically i dont want to export, renumber and re import as i would loose all my dragged point labels upon re import.

Message 67 of 83

Ignore my post lol. version-7 works great!!  with 2017 Awesome little lisp.

Message 68 of 83
Anonymous
in reply to: Pointdump

I didn't think I had a problem renumbering points until they disappeared from the pointlist. I selected about 60 points in number range 3-99, entered additive 3824 (last point used in my file) and they were gone from the point list but remained in the drawing with numbers unchanged (so far). 

Message 69 of 83
Forrest.Rike

Good morning @Jeff_M , 

Any chance you have re-tooled this LISP for use in C3D 2021? 

Thanks!

Forrest

Message 70 of 83
Jeff_M
in reply to: Forrest.Rike

@Forrest.Rike the last version I posted, v7, works fine in all releases from 2013-2023. It can be found on the second page of the thread.

EESignature
Message 71 of 83
Forrest.Rike

Yes, I see now! Thanks for the help, @Jeff_M  - this lisp will come in handy!

Message 72 of 83
Synytsiastas

To not miss selecting some points, set style of points so the point is represented by something larger.

Also maybe it's possible to make the fenceline cover a wider path. I guess it has something to do with the bounding box.

Message 73 of 83
civman_daar

Jeff,

Version 7 of this LISP routine (page 2 of thread) works great for renumbering COGO points.  I was wondering if the routine could include a way to change the RAW Description of the points that are selected in addition to the point numbers.  I am working with a Lidar surface.  I have to create ACAD points from the surface triangles, then convert them to COGO points with a description of EG.  Using the LISP routine, I would like to change the RAW description of the points I select to renumber.  This would save an edit step for the points I chose. I'm working with many millions of possible points.  The EG surface corridor is 5.2 miles long x 400 ft. wide.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rick Spangenberger

Message 74 of 83
Jeff_M
in reply to: civman_daar

@civman_daar you can make the edit to do this. There are 2 lines of code that you need to find, 1 in the middle of the code and 1 near the end: 

(vlax-put ptobj 'number nextpoint)

Add this line below each one:

(vlax-put ptobj 'rawdescription "EG")

Then save and reload.

EESignature
Message 75 of 83
civman_daar

Jeff,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm terrible at LISP.  I'm more of an end power user with the software.  If you have the time, could you alter the LISP routine to include the RAW description option.  I would be most grateful. 

Thanks again,

Rick Spangenberger

Message 76 of 83
Jeff_M

@civman_daar updated lisp attached

EESignature
Message 77 of 83
civman_daar

Jeff,

The renumbering portion of the LISP works as always, but there is no prompt to change the EG raw description to a raw description of my designation.  Ideally the LISP would prompt to change the raw description, of the selected points, to a new raw description, that I designate.

Thanks,

Rick Spangenberger

Message 78 of 83
Jeff_M

@civman_daar that's not what was originally requested. I won't have time until this weekend to make that edit. Perhaps make a new post in the Customization forum and one of the people there may be able to do it quicker. 

EESignature
Message 79 of 83
civman_daar

Jeff,

Thanks for the reply.  I can wait through the weekend for the modification, if you would be so kind. Thank you for helping me out with this effort, I really appreciate it.

Rick Spangenberger

Message 80 of 83
Jeff_M

@civman_daar the attached should do what you require.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report